NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Mental. Proven track record with a terrible QB. Only injury of his career last season. I have a hard time believing no one would offer him a multiple year deal.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I loved the job he done the first couple of seasons with Sanchez. That said, he can't block for shit and at times looks a bit like an oversized receiver.

As long as we're not freeing up money to sign another QB. Kevin Kolb is the latest chat. Are we going to put all these shite QB's in a machine and try and make one decent one out of it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/cardinals-lose-big-on-kolb/

This is a typical of the hypocrisy absolute shite that's been spoken on the Kevin Kolb trade.

They're always banging on about how you need a QB to win in the league. Franchise QB this and that. Well that's what they tried to do! They sent Rodgers-Cromartie, a vastly overrated CB and a mid-second round pick. Hardly a high price to pay for what you felt/hoped was your guy at QB.

Oh and Kolb lasted at AZ longer than DRC did in Phi but shhh, that doesn't fit this nonsense agenda.

This is a typical of the hypocrisy absolute shite that's been spoken on the Kevin Kolb trade.

They're always banging on about how you need a QB to win in the league. Franchise QB this and that. Well that's what they tried to do! They sent Rodgers-Cromartie, a vastly overrated CB and a mid-second round pick. Hardly a high price to pay for what you felt/hoped was your guy at QB.

Oh and Kolb lasted at AZ longer than DRC did in Phi but shhh, that doesn't fit this nonsense agenda.

What are you blethering about? The article says that the Cardinals took a risk, it didn't pay off and they have paid the price. That's a very fair summation of the trade.

What are you blethering about? The article says that the Cardinals took a risk, it didn't pay off and they have paid the price. That's a very fair summation of the trade.

" the Cardinals won’t be competing in a top-heavy NFC West until they get a quarterback who can stand toe to toe with the best passers"

That's what they tried to do! And apparently Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are the way to do that? Yeah right.

"Cardinals lose big on Kolb trade"

Yes, he was well paid but Rodgers-Cromartie and a mid-second round pick (Vinny Curry). Not a big loss at all.

" the Cardinals wont be competing in a top-heavy NFC West until they get a quarterback who can stand toe to toe with the best passers"

That's what they tried to do! And apparently Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are the way to do that? Yeah right.

"Cardinals lose big on Kolb trade"

Yes, he was well paid but Rodgers-Cromartie and a mid-second round pick (Vinny Curry). Not a big loss at all.

Blind rage. The article is saying that they took a risk in signing an unproven QB hoping he would be their franchise QB. They lost big because they paid him $20m and still have no franchise QB. The article is saying that the only way to get one is to draft one.

Even the most blinkered fan would say that they lost big. They're down $20m and two players.

Blind rage. The article is saying that they took a risk in signing an unproven QB hoping he would be their franchise QB. They lost big because they paid him $20m and still have no franchise QB. The article is saying that the only way to get one is to draft one.

Even the most blinkered fan would say that they lost big. They're down $20m and two players.

It's not the only way. When both were playing last season Kolb was far superior to Vick. But again people don't mention that either. They tried to get their guy, it didn't work out and they move on. It's not like they drafted someone like Jamarcus Russell who left his team fucked for the next few years.

They had a fairly talented team minus the OL until the new HC took it upon himself to dismantle it.

Elvis Dumervil cut? Or something.

Aye. He agreed to a restructure but it had to be faxed through to Broncos by 1:59. They didn't have the fax so cut him. :lol: Fax came through at 2:06. I think Dumervil tried to call their bluff.

Antwan Barnes leaves the Jets without a deal. :(

Antoine Cason has joined the Cardinals

Jake Long seemingly left St Louis without agreeing a deal unfortunately, hope I'm just hearing the wrong story

Jets sign Antonio Garay on a 1 year deal. Apparently he is more of a pass rushing DT. Something different.

I like that we have replaced locker room leaders Brandon Moore, Sione Pouha and Mike Devito with locker room leaders Willie Colon and Antonio Garay.

Jennings signs for the Vikings.

For me it's a huge drop off from all that harvin did for the team.

Disclaimer: it's my opinion so let's not have some pissing contest about whether I'm correct. This thread is for people who enjoy the NFL, every comment people make doesn't have to be analysed as factual or accurate, it is what it is.