NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I think you'll all find that the Patriots dealt with the Hernandez situation far quicker and far more decisively than the Vick situation or the Ray rice situation or the Aldon Smith situation or numerous other situations where people have broken the law. With regards to the balls if and only if any wrong doing can be proved then the Patriots should face the punishment as set out in the rules no more no less. It's all so easy for the New York led media to be judge jury and executioner in this situation and all the haters will easily find the pats guilty until they are proved innocent it's an unfortunate consequence of being the team at the top. #hatersgonnahate

They released him

Instantly gave fans a refund on any Hernandez jerseys purchased. I would say that is dealt with.

I agree, good gesture by the pats. Of course having the name of a murder accused on your team's shirts doesn't exactly project the image that the NFL or the Pats would want (although the Ravens appear to be less principled). Much better to get the shirts back to get destroyed.

He was cut as soon as he was charged.

He was cut when he was in police custody, the pats cut him before he was charged, so they didn't even know at this point what he was suspected of. No way is any team going to keep paying a guy when this is the situation.

Interesting article here on what perhaps let to this Link.

Edited by strichener