NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I kinda hope the Rams turn it around a bit this year, watching Hard Knocks I really didn't like them, similarly through most of All or Nothing too. Couldn't stand Fisher for some reason. But the last few episodes of AoN post-Fisher I quite liked what I saw of McVay and the draft and they traded away a few of the other guys I just didn't take to.

Couldn't stand Fisher for some reason.

I wonder why?

Perhaps cos he was the HC when the Oilers left Houston cos the city wouldn't build a new stadium. Yet, less than 5 years laters miraculously did.

Perhaps cos he was the HC who regularly destroyed the new wee team for nearly a decade.

Fisher to me is a really likeable guy who is well respected by his peers. I just think the league evolved and he couldn't evolve with it.

In 5-10 years, when all is forgotten I'd love him to be voted into the Oilers/Titans HoF/Ring of Honor. What he did from 97-03 was pretty special.

10 hours ago, Dee4Life1893 said:

I wonder why?

Perhaps cos he was the HC when the Oilers left Houston cos the city wouldn't build a new stadium. Yet, less than 5 years laters miraculously did.

Perhaps cos he was the HC who regularly destroyed the new wee team for nearly a decade.

Fisher to me is a really likeable guy who is well respected by his peers. I just think the league evolved and he couldn't evolve with it.

In 5-10 years, when all is forgotten I'd love him to be voted into the Oilers/Titans HoF/Ring of Honor. What he did from 97-03 was pretty special.

You give me far too much credit, I genuinely only started watching NFL & supporting the Texans properly 5/6 years ago so it'd be completely false of me to be remotely bothered by any of that. The Oilers' stuff is lost on me. I didn't know any of those things to be honest :rolleyes: Thanks for the lesson though ;)

I had no real opinion on him until Hard Knocks though. From what little I saw of McVay though he came across well but he could be a complete and utter bellend for all I know.

On 11/08/2017 at 17:52, Fuctifano said:

Bills trade Watkins and a 6th to the Rams for EJ Gaines and a 2nd, and also Ronald Darby to the eagles for Jordan Matthews and a 3rd 

There's been talk that Agholor has looked amazing in practice this year, so Eagles didn't need J. Matthews as much (would have been their 3rd Receiver).

Watkins is clearly talented, but is always injured.

That Aguayo situation is mental.

Yep, but the writing was on the wall when they signed Nick Folk, had a feeling it wouldn't end well for Aguayo. Another missed PAT the other night was the killer blow. Iirc the Buccs traded up to get him in the second round last year too.