NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Tevin Coleman now getting an mri on a knee injury suffered yesterday. Is that 5 49ers players injured?
If you mean just yesterday, then yes.

Bosa and Thomas both tore ACLs and are done for the season.
Mostert suffering from an MCL strain and probably out next week, compounded by the fact his wife is due to give birth within days and it had already been agreed that he can attend the birth.
Garropolo has a high ankle sprain but they think he will be ok for next Sunday.
Coleman still awaiting his MRI as the 49ers are using a mobile unit as they are staying on the east coast and it is suffering "mechanical issues

DJ Jones and Dre Greenlaw also injured yesterday but finished the game.

Yeah, not sure why. Maybe to justify having an NFL Channel they have to show the full three hours again. If you want to watch that you can just record live (though make sure to record the programme after, too, in case it runs over. I've been caught out by that before).

Tyrod not looking likely to be fit this weekend, to Herbert is rumoured to have already been told he'll start against Carolina.

I hope for both his and the team's sake he has another strong outing and makes it impossible for Lynn to bench him once Tyrod is fit. I like Tyrod as a player, and it's clear Lynn has long been an admirer, but he's not going to provide this team with enough play from QB to do anything this season. With Herbert I think they have an outside chance at 9-10 wins and a playoff spot, but I do have concerns over what would happen if he plays the season out and hits the wall part way.

The Chargers fans who are virulently anti-Tyrod and claiming Lynn should be fired if he starts him over Herbert don't seem to have any inkling that doing so could do more harm than good if it goes wrong, and also, winning 7 or 8 games doesn't really have any advantage over winning perhaps 4 or 5, the opposite in fact. I don't see any positives in starting TT and 'tanking' to 4 or 5 wins, but at the same time, I'd hope that Lynn would have the sense to pull a struggling Herbert and ignore what the media/moonhowler reaction to that would be.