NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Since Elway retired - 21

Bears levels of QB'ing ineptitude

16 years of consistant Elway was always going to be tough to replace but we have been to 2 superbowls and won 2 of them.

Its bad but not that bad, we have had 9 starting qb's in 22 years, the others have been injury cover.

Griese - passable

Plummer - Decent, i liked him

Cutler - really liked him. McDaniels pissed him off (just like he did with all bronco's fans)

Orton - passable but boring as hell

Tebow - I didn't mind him, the games were amazing to watch. Has a play off win v steelers. lots of QB's never get their team that far.

Manning - he is Manning!

now the wheels come off! I think it would have been different if Brock had stayed. His career would have been different.

Siemian / Lynch - awful, amazing to think that Dallas tried to trade up and get Lynch.

Keenum / Flacco - Desperation from Elway, Keenum had a 1 of a kind season before and Flacco was done

Lock - I like what I have seen so far, so there is hope there that I haven't had since Manning retired.

not mentioned as they we back ups who got game time- Miller, ferotte, Beuerlein, Kanell, Jackson, Simms, Allen, Driskell, Rypien

8 hours ago, steelmen said:

Tebow - I didn't mind him, the games were amazing to watch. Has a play off win v steelers. lots of QB's never get their team that far.

I really hoped that Tebow would be a sucess in the NFL. Ultimately I don't think he was quite good enough to play at QB despite being really good in college.

The most insane QB turnover I can recall is the Montreal Alouttes who got through 13 different starters between 2014 & 2019 after Antony Calvillo retired eventually finding stability with Vernon Adams Jr. One of those QB's was Jonny Manziel who managed to get himself barred from the CFL entirely.