NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Having never been an NFL/‘football’ fan in the past I have recently found myself working through the All or Nothing series on Prime and I have decided to give it a bash. I watched my first full game last week and thoroughly enjoyed it (Saints v Buccaneers). I’ve kinda got a basic grasp of the rules but I’m by no means an expert.

I do need a team to support, I have absolutely f**k all connections to anywhere in the States other than Florida where I’ve been on holiday a few times but I’m not remotely arsed about that. The Raiders seem pretty cool, and I noticed they seemed to be the team of choice for the Gs of Compton which also appealed to me for some reason, they are the early front runners but they lost a bit of appeal when I realised they moved to Vegas which is a place that holds no appeal to me. I’d rather avoid any Old Firm esque arsehole type teams, I thought the Cowboys looked pretty cool as well (currently watching that season of All or Nothing), but they do strike me as a bit arseholish and I’ve no idea why. Are they hated or rated? I liked the fact they seem to spearhead the taking knee stuff etc. Give me a list of the good guys and the bad guys so I know who to avoid.

I’m off on Monday so will most certainly be tuning in on Sunday and I’m very much looking forward to it. 

The Cowboys are hated and not rated. They’re like Man United if they continue to be shite for another 20 years, or Rangers if Lennon was competent.

Bad guys now are probably Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Chief and the entire NFC East.

Good guys I’d say the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Falcons. Mostly because people feel sorry for them.

The rest could be inbetween or just irrelevant.

The NFC East, to a team.  The biggest division in Football and The New York Jets are huge size that love to whatafuckery constantly.  Never a dull moment supporting any of those 5. Dallas being the biggest c***s in the lot, and also the media darling.  🤢  The 5 are what you would call huge sides who are a mess somewhere in their organisation.  

If you want the complete opposite then the NFC West is the place to be.  With the 49ners being a huge market, and the Rams growing but stuck in a College first market.  The Seahawks are consistent.   Then you have the Cardinals who if you love a start well end badly story every year, they're your guys.  

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Having never been an NFL/‘football’ fan in the past I have recently found myself working through the All or Nothing series on Prime and I have decided to give it a bash. I watched my first full game last week and thoroughly enjoyed it (Saints v Buccaneers). I’ve kinda got a basic grasp of the rules but I’m by no means an expert.

I do need a team to support, I have absolutely f**k all connections to anywhere in the States other than Florida where I’ve been on holiday a few times but I’m not remotely arsed about that. The Raiders seem pretty cool, and I noticed they seemed to be the team of choice for the Gs of Compton which also appealed to me for some reason, they are the early front runners but they lost a bit of appeal when I realised they moved to Vegas which is a place that holds no appeal to me. I’d rather avoid any Old Firm esque arsehole type teams, I thought the Cowboys looked pretty cool as well (currently watching that season of All or Nothing), but they do strike me as a bit arseholish and I’ve no idea why. Are they hated or rated? I liked the fact they seem to spearhead the taking knee stuff etc. Give me a list of the good guys and the bad guys so I know who to avoid.

I’m off on Monday so will most certainly be tuning in on Sunday and I’m very much looking forward to it. 

Don’t avoid anybody. My advice would be to keep watching and enjoying the sport as a neutral, and you’ll gravitate towards a team, perhaps next season. You’ll find a reason for your choice, somehow. I did. Whatever you do, don’t pick whoever wins on Sunday, just because they won. If you want to pick a diddy, useless, destined for years in the wilderness team - pick the New England Patriots.

On the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes three of the AFC East teams, Dolphins, Pats and Jets have all been mentioned as potential landing spots. You can see why.

If that is the case and they all end up bidding against each other, the two teams that lose out are facing 10+ years of not winning that Division. You're potentially facing Watson and Josh Allen 4 times a year and that might just drive the price even further up.

For any of these three teams not considering pulling the trigger, it could have serious long term consequences for them.

On the flip side, a team like Washington could be looking at multiple years of Division success as the other 3 teams look to plug huge holes in the short to medium term if they were to sign him.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Welcome to this section of the board. You'll love the drama, excitement and skill that this great sport provides week in, week out.

Its like a human chess match, with the coaches trying to outwit each other at every opportunity. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t avoid anybody. My advice would be to keep watching and enjoying the sport as a neutral, and you’ll gravitate towards a team, perhaps next season. You’ll find a reason for your choice, somehow. I did. Whatever you do, don’t pick whoever wins on Sunday, just because they won. If you want to pick a diddy, useless, destined for years in the wilderness team - pick the New England Patriots.

A very level headed response there pozbaird and you’ve convinced me to hang fire untill I’ve watched a few more games. Whoever wins on Sunday will be officially ruled out, you have my word.