NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

When watching the games, every time they say Mick-feer-sun instead of Mc-fer-sun, Gold instead of Gould, or Glas-gow instead of Glas-go, got me noticing players names and started looking at how many NFL players have ‘Scottish place name’ surnames… aye, I’m a sad basturt’… so far, have noted players called Glasgow, Hamilton, Harris, Lewis, and, em, Huntley.…. anyone got any others? 😀

You've forgotten Brian Ecclefechan!

55 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Jags, Bills and Titans to play in London next season. Chiefs and Patriots to play in Germany 

If you want to decimate your IQ, read the comments under Adam Schefter’s tweet of this announcement.

Hundreds of morons failing to understand that it’s 5 host teams that have been named and not just 5 teams in total (“how does 5 teams work lol”)

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you want to decimate your IQ, read the comments under Adam Schefter’s tweet of this announcement.

Hundreds of morons failing to understand that it’s 5 host teams that have been named and not just 5 teams in total (“how does 5 teams work lol”)

Excellent stuff! 

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Glad the Germans are getting two games, was chatting to a few in London after Broncos-Jags and they were saying it was completely impossible to get tickets this season, so hopefully having two matches makes it easier.

I think it’s a one off as they can’t play one in Mexico next year?

Would be some weekend going over to Germany for it.

All dependent on dates not clashing with other things I have booked, but hoping I can get to the Bills game at Spurs. Have seen the Jags a ton of times, and the Titans may be in full rebuild mode. Have never seen the Bills, and they are an appealing draw. That Spurs gaff’ is the best stadium I’ve ever been in. Would love a return visit. Bet you a pound to a penny though I end up once more at Wembley for the Jags. Or, as I used to call them, ‘and Anger will punt’. Now I call them ‘Travis Etienne the ball carrier’… Mind you, they’re a playoff team, and to be fair, are on the up. What will be will be, I’ll likely be back at Wemb-eh-lee. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I paid £71.68 plus booking fee (probably another tenner, can't remember) for each Jags Broncos seat. That was somewhere in the middle of the pricing plan IIRC. Very good view.

Excellent. Thank you.

I'm probably thinking a hotel in Enfield or Cheshunt and take the tube to White Hart Lane.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Fantastic, I have registered my interest in purchasing tickets.

Does anyone know what price they were last year?

@pozbaird, did you not go last year?

Have been at one London game every year since 2010, but every year we treat ourselves and go to hospitality. Make a long weekend of it. It’s always a big highlight of our year.

Il be in the minority here but I don’t like the London games. Never have, never will. Firstly it fuels the folk wanting a UK/London franchise (I’m looking at you Neil Reynolds) and after being at a Wembley game the atmosphere is pish. It’s so flat! No home crowd. 

I wait for your criticism 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Have been at one London game every year since 2010, but every year we treat ourselves and go to hospitality. Make a long weekend of it. It’s always a big highlight of our year.

How much was that each, if you don't mind me asking?

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

A P&B corporate box at the game sounds like a plan. Obviously you'd need Div to subsidise it though.