Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really. Everyone knows XBL is VT's gimp. As soon as he steps over the line VT yanks his chain and the red ball is in the mouth and he's back in his box.

I think he quite likes it.

I guess this is another unionist thing. Ive pointed this out before, but if someone makes a good point, I agree with them, even if it means I have to revise my own opinion. On the other hand, the glasgow law unionists describe the prospect of being wrong using terms like "humiliation", "crushing", "embarrassment" etc. This I guess is why none of them have ever been wrong about anything.

The fact of the matter is that I agree with vt sometimes and disagree with him other times. If I disagree with him, I say so, and we can argue a point. Its the sort of intellectual honesty which the unionists, as we've seen, simply do not have.

As a result, we see pejorative labelling tacitly accepted by all, the use of racist language by the campaign leaders endorsed, and on here again, known liars are indulged, tacitly endorsed, and defended to the death. All because they are so fundamentally dishonest that they cannot accept that they have ever been wrong.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, now that everyone has agreed that you lied, would you care to explain why? Was it in an attempt to discredit the P&B poll, or perhaps because you are ashamed to be voting no? Alternatively, is there another as yet unspecified reason?

And while you're at it, can you finally get round to setting out your positive case for the union.

Yeah, it would be hard to do that wouldn't it?

A family,the United Kingdom.

It has ups and downs like all families.

Those who feel left out of the family,or don't get it look for all sorts of reasons to knock it and break away.

Fair enough,but 'family' is more than their selfish logic.

We share our small island/s and that is the common sense civilised way of living here.

I don't believe the majority of Scottish people will want to go the way of bitter Salmond and Co.

300 years of Union.

Better Together.

The overwhelming majority of Scots don't feel any British identity at all.

Unlucky.

It was pensions last week and it's defence again today. So I'm calling EU/border patrols next week.

Arbuthnott was on auntie beeb this morning coming out with the old canard that trident is a 'problem' for Scotland, nato etc etc.

A surprisingly scathing experts view on the hootsman site if you hold your nose long enough to read it!

A family,the United Kingdom.

It has ups and downs like all families.

Those who feel left out of the family,or don't get it look for all sorts of reasons to knock it and break away.

Fair enough,but 'family' is more than their selfish logic.

We share our small island/s and that is the common sense civilised way of living here.

I don't believe the majority of Scottish people will want to go the way of bitter Salmond and Co.

300 years of Union.

Better Together.

Awwww, I'm welling up!

I bought a football with Team GB printed on it. It only cost a fiver in Sports Direct, but I still made the choice to buy it.

I'll still be voting 'yes'. Sometimes your family are too stuck in their ways and need a good kick up the arse.

Awwww, I'm welling up!

I bought a football with Team GB printed on it. It only cost a fiver in Sports Direct, but I still made the choice to buy it.

I'll still be voting 'yes'. Sometimes your family are too stuck in their ways and need a good kick up the arse.

Horrible choice.

Doing the dirty on the rest of the UK.

You should be ashamed.

The overwhelming majority of Scots don't feel any British identity at all.

Unlucky.

Hmm,well we'll see because the polls tell us the majority still want the Union.

I mean Scottish first,British second.

Many English are English first British second.

The Union still stands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-24297286

So DC says no to an independence debate with Salmond.

Can`t really see the problem with it. His knowledge of Scotland is probably sketchy at best, however I`m not sure Darling`s is a great deal better. Be interesting to see how Yes Scotland play it. Comes as pretty inevitable news to me.

Can`t really see the problem with it. His knowledge of Scotland is probably sketchy at best, however I`m not sure Darling`s is a great deal better. Be interesting to see how Yes Scotland play it. Comes as pretty inevitable news to me.

Rab C insisted on leaving the debate on independence to the people who live in Scotland.

He got it.

Oi Rab C!

Leave the goal posts where they are thank you!

Now,get the Funny Eye Brows v Rab C match on!

Its quite reasonable of him to refuse to debate. However, he is wrong to sty and pass him off to that nonentity and flunky Darling. Of course, if Darling wants a debate, he can always debate his actual opposite number, Dennis Canavan.

The "opposite number" thing is really all a bit artificial. I can understand people insisting on it for an election, but a referendum is different. People aren't running for office; they're throwing political weight behind a proposition. A Salmond v Darling debate isn't because they're both in equivalent positions at Holyrood and Westminster but because they are, whatever the campaigns' structures, the senior statesmen from Scotland at the political apex of each campaign.

Besides which, Darling would probably beat Canavan in a debate. No chance he'd beat Salmond.

The "opposite number" thing is really all a bit artificial. I can understand people insisting on it for an election, but a referendum is different. People aren't running for office; they're throwing political weight behind a proposition. A Salmond v Darling debate isn't because they're both in equivalent positions at Holyrood and Westminster but because they are, whatever the campaigns' structures, the senior statesmen from Scotland at the political apex of each campaign.

Besides which, Darling would probably beat Canavan in a debate. No chance he'd beat Salmond.

In that case if, it isn't about opposite numbers, then you're in favour of Cameron?

I would rather see Sturgeon versus Darling or Canavan versus Darling. Even Partick Harvie versus Darling. Salmond shouldn't sully his hands wasting time with the juniors.

Team captains as David Cameron put it, he stopped short of saying Team No vs Team Yeah though thank f**k.

Archived