Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's a bit depressing there was only a 20% turn out to be honest.

There is an alarming lack of interest in Politics in Scotland I feel, when we are about to enter our most important period of time, politically, for generations.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit on edge in here this morning lads, I merely stated that the result was of interest. I didn't attempt to draw any conclusions or make any comparisons.

The resulting Nationalist meltdown is just a wee bit entertaining though. Do keep it up.

A bit on edge in here this morning lads, I merely stated that the result was of interest. I didn't attempt to draw any conclusions or make any comparisons.

Why is it of interest then? Or to put it in a form you might understand, why do YOU find it to be of interest?

I suspect monkeyboy has me on ignore, so if someone else could ask him too, that would be appreciated!

The resulting Nationalist meltdown is just a wee bit entertaining though. Do keep it up.

You said it was interesting though. Why is it interesting?

If the general public remain so apathetic by September 2014 (they won't) then we will most probably be celebrating an independent Scotland. Was that what you were getting at?

You said it was interesting though. Why is it interesting?

If the general public remain so apathetic by September 2014 (they won't) then we will most probably be celebrating an independent Scotland. Was that what you were getting at?

This morning's discussion alone supports my assertion as does the coverage in the media.

You make a valid point regarding apathy, again it is of interest.

And the meltdown continues...,

This morning's discussion alone supports my assertion as does the coverage in the media.

I don't think you really know what 'meltdown' means.

The Red Cross will be handing out food parcels across the nation this winter for the first time since the end of World War 2, along with the foodbanks opening up in our major cities.

Is this the future for Scotland under Westminster rule?

I think it's a bit depressing there was only a 20% turn out to be honest.

There is an alarming lack of interest in Politics in Scotland I feel, when we are about to enter our most important period of time, politically, for generations.

It's the freeze on council tax - by doing so the government effectively strips the council of it's ability to raise funds at a given rate, and as such removes pretty much all it's political power. A body that has the ability to take or give more money to the electorate will always inspire a higher turnout than one that doesn't.

This James Trolland guy with his own vote? If he'd accidentally ballsed up his ballot paper would he be the first candidate in any election here to poll zero votes?? Serious question, is this a record?

I dunno but my immediate reaction is probably no, because not everybody who stands in an election is eligible to vote for themselves - for example the Monster Raving Looney types who tend to stand against party leaders in General Elections?

The Red Cross will be handing out food parcels across the nation this winter for the first time since the end of World War 2, along with the foodbanks opening up in our major cities.

Is this the future for Scotland under Westminster rule?

The Trussel Trust were saying the other day that 50% of their food bank users in Clydebank are in work. Imagine getting up and going to work each day and still needing hand-outs to feed your family. Grim as f**k.

Unemployment's coming down though eh. Better Together.

It's a real toughie as to whether Robert Owen would favour the Scottish Government's (limited) redistributive model of government, or Westminster's agenda of mass privatisation, slavish devotion to the financial and becoming 'tax competitiveness' (read: tax avoidance) capital of the world.

two things:

1. I hate it when people remove context like that. The Unionism of the co-operative movement is not the 18C unionism of two nations.

2. Red Jeans: Automatic disqualification from the human race.

Is that a Union flag buckle on his belt as well? :lol:

Right Barry, lets cut the bullshit! You've seen the facts and figures on this thread, listened to the arguments for Yes and No.

So tell us why do you believe Scotland should remain part of the Union?

Archived