Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland tonight 10:30 tonight

Dennis Canavan v (the loveable) Ian Davidson debating the latest Panelbase poll.

You know, I think I'll watch that one. That promises to be a proper old school beef! I predict anger.

If Scotland goes independent,then I hope the UK do everything within its power to force Scotland into finding a different currency than our £.

We'd need to come to some sort of agreement with the Scots in regards to using the pound and there's no guarantee it would happen. Although, a Separatist on here seems to think they can just form their own currency and avoid the division of UK debt. If it was that easy Salmond would be using a different currency as one of his unique selling points and instead he is talking about sticking with the pound. Why would he want to continue using the pound if an independent Scotland can escape debt free? And he certainly doesn't want to join his previous favourite currency - the euro.

We'd need to come to some sort of agreement with the Scots in regards to using the pound and there's no guarantee it would happen. Although, a Separatist on here seems to think they can just form their own currency and avoid the division of UK debt. If it was that easy Salmond would be using a different currency as one of his unique selling points and instead he is talking about sticking with the pound. Why would he want to continue using the pound if an independent Scotland can escape debt free? And he certainly doesn't want to join his previous favourite currency - the euro.

Sorry, please explain how we would be "banned" from using our own currency?

Also, what benefits would Scotland get from remaining within the Union we wouldn't if we became independent again?

Would you leave in the result of a yes vote, if so, why?

If anyone said that, they're wrong. I assume you're getting the arguments about getting a debts and assets split or unilateral declaration of independence and being able to simply use the pound without a currency union (in the same way as a number of countries use the US dollar) mixed up.

And even if we wanted to, we can't join the Euro until we have floated our own currency and/or the economy and currency of Scotland get into line with the rest of the Eurozone.

Thanks to whoever said about Scotland Tonight. It's pretty rare I watch it, but that sounds good.

If anyone said that, they're wrong.

Luckily no one did.

I said something similar: if rUK refuses to negotiate over splitting the assets we have no obligation to take on the debt.

Because it would be to the advantage of both countries. The creation of our own currency doesn't mean we could divest ourselves of the uk debt, dimwit.

thepundit, do you think shafting our closest neighbours would be a good way to start our life as a newly independent country?

Agreed. However, as long as the CDU are threatening to not give us our assets, then it can't be taken off the table. A "nuclear option", so to speak. Lets not forget the British Government floated the idea of annexing parts of Scotland...

Agreed. However, as long as the CDU are threatening to not give us our assets, then it can't be taken off the table. A "nuclear option", so to speak. Lets not forget the British Government floated the idea of annexing parts of Scotland...

Was that before or after they bomb our airports to stop the terrorists taking over and attacking them?

Actually its pretty funny the BT YouTube page

it's all about the SNP.... uncertainty etc....

Nothing to tell us why we're better within the union mind

Sadly they took the best one down:

Sadly they took the best one down:

I think they've given up with that, it became a banned video for a while! Every time it got uploaded up, Project Fear made a claim to get their own advert taken down. :lol:

Has anyone actually met this guy?

Archived