Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering if I should get a head start and debunk the bank bail out myth now, or wait for thepundit to bring it up.

Guess what,it doesn't matter because the majority are going to tell you to shove your inde Scotland up your arse. :)

Luxembourg has more than eleven times less population than Scotland yet has the same number of MEPs. As an independent nation state Scotland would be looking at at least doubling our number of MEPs.

Scotland has plenty of MEPs,represented by the UK lot.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom.

Luxembourg has more than eleven times less population than Scotland yet has the same number of MEPs. As an independent nation state Scotland would be looking at at least doubling our number of MEPs.

You have to think we would look at changing our voting system for the EU elections. It seems pretty unreasonable to elect 10-12 MEPs to cover the whole country using a single closed party list.

I'd opt for STV in a North/West/East split. The party list works ok with us only having six MEPs.

Actually I think the political system would get a good look at in the first few years. Surely we'd have more than 129 MPs(Assuming the "S" would become obsolete) and maybe use STV for the national parliament as well.

Scotland has plenty of MEPs,represented by the UK lot.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom.

As much as we're on the same side of this debate, you're plain wrong here.

Scotland has 6 MEPs, the remainder of UK MEPs are assigned to Wales, NI or one of the regions of England.

The outcome will have a direct result on my decision to return to Scotland at some stage in the future or retire somewhere else. Since I don't have all the facts relative to deciding which is best for Scotland I will leave the pontificating to the posters who seem clued up on these matters.

As much as we're on the same side of this debate, you're plain wrong here.

Scotland has 6 MEPs, the remainder of UK MEPs are assigned to Wales, NI or one of the regions of England.

Okay thanks Mr bairn.

But surely Scotland gets some representation from the loads of UK members too?

Directly or indirectly. :unsure2:

Well we all have our own reasons for opposing independence. Some for economic reasons, some simply would rather be British. Me personally, I don't want change.

That's interesting but Labour's tame economist reckons the Scottish block grant will be cut by 2.2Bn (http://archive.is/QdTkX), doesn't that mean that change will happen whether you like it or not and not for the better?

If Scotland goes independent,then I hope the UK do everything within its power to force Scotland into finding a different currency than our £.

So groat or € it is.

Rab and Co say this will cause no problem (looking forward to the U-turn on this particular theory a la € to £) and so Scottish business won't be concerned at all with their groat or €. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^Frothing at the mouth!

The BoE is an independent entity & its currency no longer controlled by Westminster, or anyone else, except it's Governor (a Canadian). Scotlands relationship with the BoE, would be for those two parties to decide, without interference from any third party state.

I think you'll also find that the UK will remain intact following any succession from Great Britain. The Monarch would remain Head of State & like Scandinavians, people could still feel a sense of Britishness & life would carry on.

I see the Johann Lamont is now claiming that her "Something for Nothing" speech was a complete figment of the imagination!

http://news.stv.tv/politics/191807-labour-leader-johann-lamont-demands-end-to-something-for-nothing-culture/

I'm sure she'll be grateful for Scotland's free personal care and prescriptions as she battles early onset Alzheimer's.

Well we all have our own reasons for opposing independence. Some for economic reasons, some simply would rather be British. Me personally, I don't want change.

Yes, but change/no change is an outcome, not a reason. Why don't you want change, if I may ask.

http://news.stv.tv/politics/191807-labour-leader-johann-lamont-demands-end-to-something-for-nothing-culture/

I'm sure she'll be grateful for Scotland's free personal care and prescriptions as she battles early onset Alzheimer's.

No wonder she doesn't remember. She was reading the whole thing "Elerderly" "Tralley *looks down* trolley" "What price tuition frees...free tuition fees". She can't be expected to remember everything her masters in London have made her read out. What do you think she is? A leader?

I didn't spend long looking, but I couldn't figure out how to send the Truth Team this important bit of information.

Because I'm happy with the UK government. Yeah, I said it.

With respect, could you provide some more detail on this, I'm genuinely interested in this, the reasons why people are for/against Indy.

Archived