Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's your pal explaining it for you...

George Galloway! :lol: He lost any credibility yonks ago. "All of us have he right to speak" "you can be on, you can't" from he man who refused to debate with that Israeli guy.

You should be a Unionist then Swampy because most racism comes from the Separatists. The clue is kinda in the name. :)

*vomits at your brazen dishonesty*

Anything

It's "Think Tank" overload, on the State Broadcasters website, today.
First, it's changes to the council tax, via The Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS).
Then it's road tolls from, Reform Scotland.
Finally there's the Centre for Public Policy for Regions, muddying oil tax forecasts via a report from HMRC.

Anything to do with the launch of this next week?

http://www.bettertogether.net/blog/entry/join-us-for-the-launch-of-academics-together

That picture reminds me of when I was a kid. I grew up in a city, My family was relatively well off and I had a comfortable existence. However I went to school in a not so well off area. This was right in the era of thatcher's Britain, Winter of discontent and all the utter dejection and poverty there was around that time. There was a derelict tenement block across the road from the school and one family moved into it. Living conditions must have been awful for a young family. It was things like this that shaped my thinking. Even at that young age I knew these things weren't right. Why did I live in a house that was comfortable yet someone had to live in a slum that was barely habitable? There had to be a better way. What civilisation can't provide it's people without at the very least, a decent roof over their heads.

And here we are today over 30 years later. Nothing's changed.

That picture reminds me of when I was a kid. I grew up in a city, My family was relatively well off and I had a comfortable existence. However I went to school in a not so well off area. This was right in the era of thatcher's Britain. Winter of discontent and all the utter dejection and poverty there was around that time. There was a derelict tenement block across the road from the school and one family moved into it. Living conditions must have been awful for a young family. It was things like this that shaped my thinking. Even at that young age I knew these things weren't right. Why did I live in a house that was comfortable yet someone had to live in a slum that was barely habitable? There had to be a better way. What civilisation can't provide it's people without at the very least, a decent roof over their heads.

And here we are today over 30 years later. Nothing's changed.

The Winter of Discontent, of course, was the product of the failure of big state economics by Labour and Tory alike and not of Thatcher's Britain...

The Winter of Discontent, of course, was the product of the failure of big state economics by Labour and Tory alike and not of Thatcher's Britain...

Did I say that it wasn't. I was at school in 78-79, remember the power cuts. I was also at school the year after at the start of Thatcher's Britain, and the year after that. In fact the worst of thatchers Britain.The whole era was a horrid time to live.

Just for you I will change my full stop to a comma ;)

Are you suggesting this is a problem peculiar to Scotland?

If not, what's your point caller?

My point is, we are in the year 2013, and this is modern Scotland we're looking at.

Are you suggesting this is a problem peculiar to Scotland?

If not, what's your point caller?

Well isn't it a bad thing that we should do something about? Especially given that we should be one of the richest countries in the world?

I hope that in the run-off to the vote next year more is made of this disgusting 'foreigners' chat from the unionists. Having spent last week in England and then Poland for work, I decided that the difference in my attitude towards these two groups was precisely this: zero. I don't fucking care that the Poles are 'foreigners'. They're still sound if they're sound and not if they're not. Ethnic politics are the absolute worst and the Unionists need to be shamed into stopping it because there's no telling where it'll lead if they don't.

Oh shut up you tart.

Well isn't it a bad thing that we should do something about? Especially given that we should be one of the richest countries in the world?

It is a bad thing. And especially so in traditional labour heartland areas.

For the moment though, the UK Govt. should be doing more to address the problem - much more.

Archived