Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know the Mods,but after 300 years of British intergration I wouldn't be surprised if I was related to one of em.

I believe it to be over 80% of Scots have English relatives.

We are more or less completely intergrated.

300 years of Brits shagging Brits.

Sexier Together and by some my Babbies!

:lol:

That whole post is a belter, but the "British integration" bit is by far the funniest. :lol:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the MOD aren't likely to be doing experiments without safeguards are they? We're assured that nuclear subs are perfectly safe if properly handled and maintained, are we not? Chernobyl was, by definition, not properly handled and maintained, so once again, your comparison is bullshit.

Chernobyl didn't fail because it was badly handled and maintained. The reactor design was inherently flawed and not for purpose. In much the same way as Devonport was not designed to cope with routine arming of Vanguard submarines with Trident missiles and is, like, say, Fukushima, located in a place where risk factors coincide more intensely (in this case, higher demand and more densely populated shipping channels).

Nuclear warhead submarines are not inherently safe if handled and maintained properly as it happens. Inherent risk factors are out of our total control.

:) 300 years of Scottish,Welsh,Irish and English girls and boys meeting Atomic.

The outcome was enevetable.. :wub:

Well three quarters of the Oirish rightfully got their independence almost a century ago, as did the rest of the 'Empire'. Awkward.

How is British integration working out nowada- oh wait.

Chernobyl didn't fail because it was badly handled and maintained. The reactor design was inherently flawed and not for purpose. In much the same way as Devonport was not designed to cope with routine arming of Vanguard submarines with Trident missiles and is, like, say, Fukushima, located in a place where risk factors coincide more intensely (in this case, higher demand and more densely populated shipping channels).

Nuclear warhead submarines are not inherently safe if handled and maintained properly as it happens. Inherent risk factors are out of our total control.

That's not what the MOD say. Would it be fair to say that the MOD are correct when you want them to be and wrong when you don't? How very intellectually dishonest of you. If Devonport needs investment then so be it, it's not our problem and they can always store them at Aldermaston, after all. You've yet to describe an incident where an extra 3 hrs 10 mins time in loading a warhead could be crucial, after all. Ultimately, you know and I know that if the attack class nuclear subs were acceptable then the nuclear vanguard subs should be. Of course, there were political reasons why they were put there and there are political reasons for them moving in 2017, but those are not an independent Scotland's concern.

Just repeating 300 over and over and over again. Tiresome pish!

He is obviously a huge fan

300.jpg

Must be raging that the main star has backed independence :lol:

This bloke knew his stuff.

The English used the same military tactics as he did (when defeating the Turks,or at least glorious 'defeat') against the French at Agincourt.

:)

Well three quarters of the Oirish rightfully got their independence almost a century ago, as did the rest of the 'Empire'. Awkward.

How is British integration working out nowada- oh wait.

Well we'll find out how important it is to North Britain come Sept 2014. :)

What, precisely, has been debunked? The fundamentals of international law and what constitutes a sovereign state and sovereign territory? Stop dribbling, Rainman.

You really are a knob, I'm agreeing with you ffs. The MOD assumption that they would unilaterally set up a sovereign base/state is now debunked. My point is that I am not aware aware of any media outlet challenging this.

Are you accusing the Scottish Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament of conspiring with the MOD to con the general public into believing that Devonport is unsuitable for arming Trident missiles to Vanguard submarines when it is in fact safe and suitable for those purposes as set against detailed disaster contagion criteria subjected to international standards?

You seem to be mixing up suitability with which one is better using the criteria, you have two choices pick one.

Both are unsafe under international standards. Faslane is deemed safer because the weapons are never on board when they enter port. The threat is from a sub's reactor or weapons catching fire and the resulting plume. Therefore population densities of both sites are similar within a thirty mile radius. If you stick to your criteria Faslane is safer, Devonport is cheaper ( can house both subs and weapons), both are suitable and capable of storing and maintaining (your original point). So as you have admitted Faslane is first choice, Devonport is the buisness continuity plan.

An old Scots saying for you DeeGas, "We can all choose our friends, unfortunately we cannot all choose our relatives." Take that whatever way you want to take it. :)

:) The English say it too Saor Alba,yet here we all are, together on our little island/s.

I don't think we can have nuclear subs at Faslane safely. There's no mumbling here. I just agree with the informed opinions of those both in favour of and against the Trident system being placed at Faslane that Devonport is even less suitable.

Ffs have you finally got it. Both are suitable just one is less than the other. F**k me and I'm supposed to be Rainman.

Yes it does, it was the home base of two of the vanguard subs. Again for you on return from patrol weapons are unloaded.

Can you explain the last point, inherent risk factors are out of our control. Is this after control measures in place I take it.

:) The English say it too Saor Alba,yet here we all are, together on our little island/s.

Not through choice, no one chooses where they are born. But I will agree that there are much worse places than these little Isles that one could be born. Whatever relevance you believe the pish in your posts has upon Scotland's coming referendum vote to rid itself of corrupt Westminster (London) governments only you know, I don't want to know.

Quoted for truth #23

http://www.wingsoverscotland.com/quoted-for-truth-23/

Former Labour MEP Hugh Kerr in the Herald, 12 Jun 2013:

I am on holiday in Denmark and independence is the topic all Danes want to discuss when they learn you are from Scotland. I have met no-one yet who is opposed to Scotlands independence. One said to me yesterday: Surely it is natural to want to run your own affairs, we certainly wouldnt want to be run by Sweden.

I have also discussed it with some former colleagues from the European Parliament who are certain Scotland would be warmly welcomed as members of all European institutions; as one put it: After all, you have been members of the EU for 40 years, you are hardly going to be excluded now.

To be honest, readers, if Scotland votes No in 2014 our main life priority is going to be developing a convincing Welsh or Irish accent. Itd just be far too embarrassing and depressing to constantly have to try to explain it to the rest of the world otherwise.

Now, really, why do unionists/Brit Nats not want Scotland running its own affairs?

Archived