Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a shame that humans actually have to argue about vile weaponry like nuclear bombs. How about just getting them all to f**k full stop?

Because the owners/controllers, stock/share-holders and employees of the Military Industrial Complex make Trillions of $s between them through building, selling and maintaining them.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not through choice, no one chooses where they are born. But I will agree that there are much worse places than these little Isles that one could be born. Whatever relevance you believe the pish in your posts has upon Scotland's coming referendum vote to rid itself of corrupt Westminster (London) governments only you know, I don't want to know.

It's not about how much relevance you,me or any of us think our posts make to the referendum.

It never crossed my mind how self important you think yourself eg,although it has now. :unsure2:

We are all entitled to our say (whatever that is!) and of course we can all choose who we listen to.

Good luck.

Salmond gives talk to workers at the Nigg Renewables manufacturing yard, I think it could be a landmark speech in the Independence debate.

Great video. Cheers for posting.

Alex Salmond really is fucking excellent.

Cool name.

:lol:

I am fascinated by physics and I believe that nuclear power can be useful to humanity, particularly in fields like space exploration.

However, nuclear weapons of mass destruction are truly harrowing.

Decline in sales of newspapers in Scotland continues

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23288931

_68701419_picture.jpg

Almost all titles report lost sales

Newspaper sales in Scotland continued to fall in June.

Figures released by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) revealed that almost every national daily and Sunday title recorded declining numbers.

The only exception was the 'i' which reported an increase of almost 12% while all the major titles reported year-on-year decreases between June 2012 and last month.

The falling circulations have hit tabloid, broadsheet and the mid-market.

Some have reported large double digit percentage falls in average sales.

The Herald and Sunday Herald as well as the Scotsman and Scotland on Sunday have removed themselves from the national figures and are now included in the ABC regional newspapers report.

The figures published by ABC were:

• Daily Mirror: -8.4% from 21,572 to 19,767 last month
  • Daily Record: -9.7% from 253,047 to 228,515 last month
  • Daily Star of Scotland: -14.6% from 58,814 to 50,226
  • The Scottish Sun: -14.1% from 306,930 to 263,512
  • Scottish Daily Express: -11.6% from 61,616 to 54,492
  • Scottish Daily Mail: -0.6% from 103,590 to 102,927
  • Daily Telegraph: -4.7% from 19,580 to 18,650
  • Financial Times: -13.3% from 2,990 to 2,591
  • The Guardian: -10.7% from 11,901 to 10,623
  • i: +11.9% from 16,968 to 18,985;
  • Independent: -30.2% from 4,382 to 3,058;
  • The Times: -1.8% from 19,004 to 18,668.

The figures for the sales of Sunday newspaper titles in Scotland were:

• Daily Star of Scotland Sunday: -31.6% from 40,665 to 27,814;
  • The Scottish Sun Sunday: -12.2% from 217,948 to 191,364;
  • Sunday Mail: -9.7% from 285,519 to 257,796;
  • Sunday Mirror: -9% from 22,340 to 20,331;
  • The People: -7.9% from 11,395 to 10,499;
  • Scottish Sunday Express: -7.9% from 34,577 to 31,856;
  • The Sunday Post: -12.2% from 188,131 to 165,130;
  • Scottish Mail on Sunday: -7.8% from 92,237 to 85,008;
  • Independent on Sunday: -20% from 6,647 to 5,315;
  • The Observer: -12.4% from 15,837 to 13,875;
  • Sunday Telegraph: -3.7% from 17,033 to 16,399
  • Sunday Times: -9.5% from 50,243 to 45,450.

jjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gif

Good to see that more and more people are wakening up to who owns/controls much of the media and the propaganda that it prints and boycotting their businesses. The more the merrier.

Nice of the BBC to tell us.

Salmond gives talk to workers at the Nigg Renewables manufacturing yard, I think it could be a landmark speech in the Independence debate.

Excellent video.

Salmond is utterly tremendous, we're privileged to have such a tremendous First minister.

Looks like Alex Salmond made a big impression on the likable Phil Mickelson

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5009151/Phil-Mickelson-gives-his-swing-vote-to-Salmond.html

This week Lefty partnered First Minister Alex Salmond in the pro-am at Castle Stuart prior to the first round of the Scottish Open.

And he was pretty impressed by Wee Eck’s game.

Mickleson admitted: “What’s cool is that, as a politician, he’s an excellent golfer.

“He knows how to swing, he’s got good clubhead speed and a good touch around the greens.

“You can tell that he’s played a lot of golf over the years and I always have respect for that.”

Mickelson revealed that the pair also talked politics ahead of next year’s independence referendum.

The American, 43, said: “We had a great conversation throughout the day, He’s got an outgoing personality and he’s easy to be around.

“We had a great chat about golf and about politics — and I loved hearing his thoughts.”

Picking up on something the FM said. He's suggesting the returns from north sea oil will be nearer 20 billion not the 13 billion forecast.

7 billion is about 5% of GDP and ground breaking if true. It would push the GERS figures well through the 10% barrier.

He's an arful dodger is Rab C.

His relatively quick speak about the social union,the monarchy union,the currency union as if an independent Scotland will be the same for Unionists,they will still be part of the UK,British,his silly little childish explanations were weak.

He's a Unionist when it suits him and Scottish Nat other times!

His selfishness and arrogance comes through.

Scotland are not going to share the oil,we're an independent country, out of the Union!

Well,not completely out,we want to be in the Union as well. :unsure2:

We just want the oil for ourselves and bugger the rUK.

Is that okay?

We'll still be friends won't we. :unsure2:

Salmon and his nats plan reek of UK desertion.

Of creepy deserters pretending they are justified in running out just because of anti English sentiment and the want to keep the 'oil cake' for themselves and to use it to persuade the Scottish people to be as selfish as they are!

This is a most uncivilised plan and it will shame all of us.

Funny Eyebrows will pick up on this.

Consequences!

Picking up on something the FM said. He's suggesting the returns from north sea oil will be nearer 20 billion not the 13 billion forecast.

7 billion is about 5% of GDP and ground breaking if true. It would push the GERS figures well through the 10% barrier.

Great news for the UK!

We have surplus nukes sonny. Wanna fight over it. We'll meet you at the Thames. :ph34r:

It's UK oil,all have a share.

Scotland could use it as a tool towards a fairer and wealthier Britain, not only Scotland.

The Scottish Unionists would be up for that and it is fair and civilised.

Oh and by the way, you wouldn't get as far as the Thames. ;)

Archived