Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready for the Sunday Herald's front cover tomorrow..... it's a game changer.

Has Nicola apologised for lying to the Scottish people?

Deja viewing: Unionists tried to influence 1977 TV series
THE collaboration between the three pro-Union parties in the Better Together campaign may seem unprecedented, but files from the 1970s show it also happened then as the SNP's popularity grew and a referendum loomed.

Angus Robertson, SNP Westminster leader said: "These dusty old documents show that the Westminster parties being in cahoots with each other, and trying to control from London what happens in Scotland, is nothing new.
"It is extraordinary that they ganged up to bully the BBC for overtly political reasons. They were panicking about losing control of Scotland then, which is the same reason they are mounting the disreputable Project Fear operation against a Yes vote now."
Dennis Canavan, then a Labour MP but now a leading figure at pro-independence campaign Yes Scotland, said: "The correspondence shows the paranoia which existed at that time about the possibility of Scottish independence. It also shows the degree of collaboration which existed between the Unionist parties in their desperate attempts to control the media, especially the BBC. Here we are over thirty years later and the correspondence of the 1970s provokes a feeling of deja vu."
Professor James Mitchell of Edinburgh University was not surprised by the controversy and the pressures on broadcasters, given that Britain in 1975 had been declared insolvent by the International Monetary Fund and North Sea resources were vital to bailing the country out.
At the same time the McCrone report highlighting the value of North Sea Oil was hushed up.
Professor Mitchell added: "What is striking in extensively looking through files is the disjuncture in public statements playing down the value of oil and the private acknowledgement that this oil was a godsend."

Try buying a Herald after 12. You can't for love or money....

I'm unsure if they are going to be 'out' or if they are just being sensible and playing both sides of the fence. makes financial sense for them to do so, but my spidey sense is tingling and as I've said over and over again, there's a change in the air.....

I'm unsure if they are going to be 'out' or if they are just being sensible and playing both sides of the fence. makes financial sense for them to do so, but my spidey sense is tingling and as I've said over and over again, there's a change in the air.....

The Sunday Herald has been much more balanced for months now, but the herald seems a relatively recent convert...

Sunday Herald has been coming out with some belting stuff for months. The Herald has been steadily following suit noticeably, Magnus' setpieces notwithstanding, for a while now also.

If there's any substance to this story then it puts the tin hat on an absolutely fucking atrotious week for UKOK.

I absolutely agree Mr Rational- the mood is definitely changing!

What position does Ian Bell hold? He's clearly one of the good guys.

Critical of the SNP, which he should be, the heid honchos need their arses kicked now and again, but generally supportive.

I've a pal who is a journalist for the Scotsman, he's told me the journalist staff are now slightly more in favour of independence, 60/40 was what he said, but having a personal opinion on it doesn't pay the mortgage and that they told what to write.

Archived