Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is one hell of a 'battle' though,anything can happen.It might be that something as yet unseen,something unpredictable/unlikely could swing the referendum vote one way or the other.

It does feel like the historical event it surely is.

:unsure2:

Well it's been a nightmare week for no.

The wheels on the 'Project Fear' bus have well and truly come off, and no matter how you view it, the Faslane annexation is out in the open and it's being viewed as a catastrophe by all an sundry.

Well except the hardcore unionists on here that is.

I wonder what folk will think I the next set of GERS figures.....

We'll just speak of Union,loyalty,family,currency,Monarchy,real social Union,identity,consequences of independence etc./quote]

Union implies an equal and fair partnership. Not quite the position here is it?

Loyalty to who exactly? The only loyalty shown by Westminster is to the City of London. Where was the loyalty to the people of Scotland and Northern England during the Thatcher era?

Family? I'd imagine cross border family ties will remain just as strong post Scottish Independence. To suggest otherwise is utterly bizarre.

Currency? I'm not sure what your position is here. Care to elaborate?

Monarchy: no change post independence, certainly in the short term. Again, not sure what your point is here.

"Real social union" - snigger.

Identity: what is British identity? Having lived down south for 5-years I'd say the nationalist identity of people in south-east England varies considerably from that in Scotland. I don't identify with the Union flag.

The (possible) consequences of independence pale into insignificance when compared to the (far more likely) consequences post a 'no' majority.

'Professor James Mitchell of Edinburgh University was not surprised by the controversy and the pressures on broadcasters, given that Britain in 1975 had been declared insolvent by the International Monetary Fund and North Sea resources were vital to bailing the country out.

At the same time the McCrone report highlighting the value of North Sea Oil was hushed up.

Professor Mitchell added: "What is striking in extensively looking through files is the disjuncture in public statements playing down the value of oil and the private acknowledgement that this oil was a godsend"

Better Together.

It's UK oil,all have a share.

Scotland could use it as a tool towards a fairer and wealthier Britain, not only Scotland.

The Scottish Unionists would be up for that and it is fair and civilised.

Oh and by the way, you wouldn't get as far as the Thames. ;)

You see the problem with that is that Scotland can't use it as a tool as we have no say as to how it's used atm.

Westminster have been running with the revenues for nearly 40 years and i'm pretty damn sure that I don't live in a fairer and wealthier Britain so i'm willing to give a Scottish Parliament a go as they can't do a worse job that's for sure!

'We'll leave the Union in a way that means we take the oil,but remain in the Union in a way that sees us get the other bits we want.'

The 6 or 7000000 or so in North Britain will completely rip off the 53000000 others in the UK!

:blink:

On yer bike Rab C,you old dog! ;)

DeeGas , I asked you a question earlier in the thread , could you answer it please .

Simple yes or no answer .

Do you think it is fair that the Scottish voters have a government , of tories and lib dems , that over 90% of its people never wanted nor voted for ?

I don't contribute much to this thread, but look at it almost on a daily basis.....I've got two points to make

1) Deegas - you are an utter fanny

2) Everyone else who responds to him - you are utter fannies

It's amusing to know that the Unionists only argument within this debate centres around 'Better Together/separation/Salmond is a fat b*****d/300 years/British family/more wind and pish.

As far as I can see it, all the economic and political motives lie squarely with Yes Scotland, the only conceivable reason for voting 'no' is that an individual feels more or equally 'British' than 'Scottish'. The talk is that there are a huge amount of undecided voters, and to me if you are undecided you want to be convinced of the merits. It's all in Yes Scotland's hands as far as I'm concerned

Buzz on the street is that the traffic is one way only, once people are engaged on the doorstep, at worse we are recording 'don't know' on the country wide canvass.

Of course the official polls say different and the usual suspects will go 'aye, straw poll, man in a pub' type thing, so treat it as a rumour.

But people are slowly beginning to want to ask questions, they are looking for answers and are engaging. They know its just an emotional argument for remaining, they understand its scare story after scare story and they are wanting more from both sides.

But it's a long, long way to go...

DeeGas , I asked you a question earlier in the thread , could you answer it please .

Simple yes or no answer .

Do you think it is fair that the Scottish voters have a government , of tories and lib dems , that over 90% of its people never wanted nor voted for ?

Within UK law yes.

Do I think that there should be a different way of electing our political leaders within the Union,yes I do.

Do I think Scotland and other areas of the UK should have more power to 'do their own thing' within the Union,yes I do.

Is it right for Scotland to do the dirty on the rest of the UK by not sharing the oil,i do not think it is.

The opportunity Salmond speaks of is UK opportunity and unless he gets his way it will remain so and quite right too.

There's greed in a lot of Nats eyes,not the beautiful society they talk of.£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$.

The NHS could benefit eg.

Footnote.

Salmonds audience at Nigg.

Did'nt come across as particularly supportive of Rab C did they.The applause was polite rather than enthusiastic.

Rab C made sure his answers to the few questions went on abit too,to give the impression of lots of questions asked,but really it was a few questions with long time consuming answers.

He quickly mentioned the parts of the Union he wants to keep,or at least pretend he wants to keep eg Monarchy.Best not to dwell on the down right hypocrisy of the plan ay Rab C!

I can't believe that the majority of Scots will come Sept 2014 will vote to run out the back door and desert the UK family.

Don't remember if it has already been asked. Should our voting system be reviewed after a yes vote or is the status quo still acceptable?

I think we should switch to the Single Transferable Vote.

I don't contribute much to this thread, but look at it almost on a daily basis.....I've got two points to make

1) Deegas - you are an utter fanny

2) Everyone else who responds to him - you are utter fannies

It's amusing to know that the Unionists only argument within this debate centres around 'Better Together/separation/Salmond is a fat b*****d/300 years/British family/more wind and pish.

As far as I can see it, all the economic and political motives lie squarely with Yes Scotland, the only conceivable reason for voting 'no' is that an individual feels more or equally 'British' than 'Scottish'. The talk is that there are a huge amount of undecided voters, and to me if you are undecided you want to be convinced of the merits. It's all in Yes Scotland's hands as far as I'm concerned

I don't believe the majority of Scots are like you and the rest of the selfish Nats.

Luckily many Scots still have a sense of belonging and loyalty to the UK and will not do the dirty on the rest of us.

Anti English feeling being stirred at every opportunity to create north south divide,disguised in Scottish patriotism to justify taking UK oil,deserting the Union and therefore Salmonds ultimate goal,leaving the English behind!

Bullshitting Salmond is a trouble maker and is using the oil to tempt Scots to vote for his life long goal of leaving the English.

The man is trouble.

Archived