Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know that?

Precedent.

Note that the Scottish government were not legally bound to follow the Electoral Commission's advice, so they too could have "done what they wanted".

Precedent.

Note that the Scottish government were not legally bound to follow the Electoral Commission's advice, so they too could have "done what they wanted".

Precedent? How many referenda have we had on Scottish independence?

And a Tory government could do what they wanted with the referendum question also..

Not really - I think it would require something along the lines of a poll tax or an Iraq War.

To use a football analogy...

I'd say the no campaign started the game with 3-0 first leg lead. This is because they have always been ahead in every credible poll ever commissioned in history.

It was up to the yes campaign to come out and really attack in the second leg, to really hurt the side who are well ahead. I'd say we are now at half time in the second leg, and it's still 3-0.

Despite throwing everything they have at it, the yes campaign hasn't scored at all, the polls are still the same. They've now got to the stage where they are relying on mistakes and implosions from the opposition to give them a glimmer of hope.

In reality, it's over. They needed to have made head way and created some kind of momentum by now and they haven't.

All the yes campaign has to do is sit back, defend the lead and do nothing silly and they will cruise home with a nice healthy majority.

Yep, full Unionist tantrum mode. You can about taste the fear these days! I've noticed that when chatting to hardcore unionists, the mood seems to have changed from "haha, you're voting yes" to a more scared and questioning "you're not really voting yes are you?"

There is fear at work now. Pleasing.

The Bedroom Tax isn't like a poll tax?

Nope. And I suspect there isn't a timing difference between the application of it in Scotland and England which was of course the cardinal error in respect of the poll tax although there was a reason for that.

In reality, it's over. They needed to have made head way and created some kind of momentum by now and they haven't.

All the yes campaign has to do is sit back, defend the lead and do nothing silly and they will cruise home with a nice healthy majority.

The first paragraph is a good illustration of one of the ways the No campaign could drop the ball. There is over a year to go - while it is very unlikely on current evidence that doesn't mean it can't happen.

The second paragraph is right though - no silly cock-ups will see a No win.

4-2 is probably a better analogy.

Do try and keep up - Colkitto has already admitted he wants to hate Tories more than he wants Independence.

No P&B hero required on this occasion so the underpants can go back under the trousers.

What does that have to do with 'what school did you go to?' sectarianism?

It's perfectly clear that you attempted a desperate smear, failed, and have subsequently shat out of backing up your claims.

It was up to the yes campaign to come out and really attack in the second leg, to really hurt the side who are well ahead. I'd say we are now at half time in the second leg, and it's still 3-0.

I'd say we're 10 minutes in at the very most.

I'd say the no campaign started the game with 3-0 first leg lead. This is because they have always been ahead in every credible poll ever commissioned in history.

Despite throwing everything they have at it, the yes campaign hasn't scored at all, the polls are still the same. They've now got to the stage where they are relying on mistakes and implosions from the opposition to give them a glimmer of hope.

Maybe Gordon Brown will come on as a late sub and f**k everything up big style? :lol:

Archived