Thatcher deid

I suppose I'LL SAY i dont like people denigrating the newly deid.....in this case....I make an exception.....why did'nt BBC SCOTLAND do for Donald Dewar...as the English are about to do for her?

They did. There was plenty coverage about Donald Dewar and his life and his politics in the wake of his death.

The same people outraged by people happy with Thatcher's death are the same people who want to bring the death penalty back.

Factually inaccurate.

Thatcher made some people very wealthy and gave people a chance to buy shares when otherwise they never would have but she took all of her policies too far and was more pally with Reagan than Blair was with Bush

Grenada. The Falklands.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-editorial

The Guardian recovers some of it's old eloquence and lucidity and nails it.

Glen Greenwald (Assangenik) as usual in the Guardian elsewhere deliberately misses the point. Criticism of her, her politics and her premiership = completely legitimate. Talking about holding parties, dancing on her grave and celebrating that "the witch is dead" = gratuitously offensive, every bit as inhumane as they claim her politics was and ultimately completely unnecessary.

Edited by Ad Lib

I don't doubt for a moment that Thatcher's crew danced on the grave of the unions. It's only fair that we honour her belated demise in a similar way.

Edited by welshbairn

Maggie Thatcher, Maggie Thatcher can you hear me, your body's taken one hell of a beating.

Maggie Thatcher, Maggie Thatcher can you hear me, your body's taken one hell of a beating.

Wasn't she the last alive from that quote?

Anyhoo, condolonces here ...." http://pm.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/condolences/

Talking about holding parties, dancing on her grave and celebrating that "the witch is dead" = gratuitously offensive, every bit as inhumane as they claim her politics was and ultimately completely unnecessary.

Factually inaccurate.

Glen Greenwald (Assangenik) as usual in the Guardian elsewhere deliberately misses the point. Criticism of her, her politics and her premiership = completely legitimate. Talking about holding parties, dancing on her grave and celebrating that "the witch is dead" = gratuitously offensive, every bit as inhumane as they claim her politics was and ultimately completely unnecessary.

Yes: dancing on the grave of a hated political leader is exactly as 'bad' as leafing unemployment towards a probable 5 million and systematically destroying the fabric of industrial communities across the country.

:1eye

I don't need to 'act' anything champ: unlike your cycle of the least interesting troll accounts ever made.

I've not made an alias for over 2 years now. What's your point?

Yes: dancing on the grave of a hated political leader is exactly as 'bad' as leafing unemployment towards a probable 5 million and systematically destroying the fabric of industrial communities across the country.

:1eye

I didn't say it was bad. I said it was every bit as inhumane.