Thatcher deid

It's times like this when Twitter really annoys me, especially with people around my age. Everyone is saying they hate her, but the truth is is that they couldn't name one of her policies as Prime Minister. Feel free to hate her but at least give a decent reason other than "she stole our milk"!

P&B is largely populated by youngish posters to many of whom Thatcher is just a name from the past. I was married and bringing up a young family when she came to power; the impact of her policies, such as school closures, on my family and people in my immediate community was very real.

As someone has already said it wasn't just about the miners, many ordinary people were badly affected by the policies her successive governments implemented.

Just like you won't ever hear me singing about Mercer despite me thinking (even though it was before my time) that he was a p***k.

I'm just saying out of respect. Wouldn't wish death on my worst enemy...seems people on here are far too bitter.

I wouldn't wish death on my worst enemy either. Well, not at first anyway...

Dr.-Evil.jpg

And as Ric said, she showed bugger all respect to a hell of a lot of people while she was still alive and in power, why should we show her any just because she's dead?

P&B is largely populated by youngish posters to many of whom Thatcher is just a name from the past. I was married and bringing up a young family when she came to power; the impact of her policies, such as school closures, on my family and people in my immediate community was very real.

As someone has already said it wasn't just about the miners, many ordinary people were badly affected by the policies her successive governments implemented.

Spot on. There's more to this than a bunch of teenagers chirping someone's name and celebrating. The name Thatcher means no more to these kids than the name Mussolini or Hitler, it's just a bogeyman they've heard of from their parents.

It's times like this when Twitter really annoys me, especially with people around my age. Everyone is saying they hate her, but the truth is is that they couldn't name one of her policies as Prime Minister. Feel free to hate her but at least give a decent reason other than "she stole our milk"!

I tweeted one pun then said I really don't care about her death because she's before my time. I know a few my age who simply aren't letting this go.

Whether you agree or disagree with someones politics (and I am mostly in the disagree camp), celebrating another human beings death is unsavoury to say the least.

Love this line idiots come out with. So was it wrong to celebrate the death of Hitler?

Miners are ordinary people, too, Granny :P But point taken.