Gordon EF

On 24 November 2016 at 22:45, G_Man1985 said:

First season is mental lol. It's class

I'm jealous, I would love to be coming across Lagertha for the first time again!!!:wub:

Caught up with the second episode of Season 4B last night. Ivar remains the character to watch for this 'season'. Still not a massive amount happening but now there's a bit of momentum starting to build behind the various story lines - Ragnar surely meeting his end in England, Lagertha looking like she'll be retaking Kattegat and Bjorn heading off for the Mediterranean. 

It's reached the same timeline as the last kingdom, pity the two shows couldn't merge.

Lagertha looks like she's going to take Kattegat while everykunts away raiding, Bjorn teams up with Rollo and Ragnar ends up in Aellas (sp) snakepit.

Ivar leads the great heathen invasion.

Loving this but the wee things are annoying.

One of the battle scenes had a brief shot showing the hilt of a sword secured by an Allen screw.

A man is imprisoned in an iron cage with lovely close-up shots of the MIG welding on the bars.

Someone throws over a table in a castle hall and when it hits the stone column - the column moves and wobbles.

On 24/12/2016 at 10:04, NewBornBairn said:

Loving this but the wee things are annoying.

One of the battle scenes had a brief shot showing the hilt of a sword secured by an Allen screw.

A man is imprisoned in an iron cage with lovely close-up shots of the MIG welding on the bars.

Someone throws over a table in a castle hall and when it hits the stone column - the column moves and wobbles.

Are you watching it frame by frame?

Only complaint I've had with it is the lack of armour/chainmail but it's no the end of world.

I'm up to date now.

Seems Ragnar went in to a huge depression after failing to sack Paris, thus going off in a monumental huff for numerous years. He knew he'd fucked things beyond repair when he had to pay folk to go with him to England. The Ragnar of old had folk coming from all over to sail with him. Also the Ragnar of old would have killed the arseholes who were with him long before he did. Given the historical sagas I knew how he'd die (and indeed in the first series Aella had a pit of snakes), but it was still absolutely grim. Ragnar in a way killed himself as he knew how things would end when he set sail for England. Bit of an inglorious end for a guy who was a legend and adored all across Scandinavia and who was feared all across England.

Despite being a bit of a dreadful psychopath, I still like Ecbert. It seems that he and Ragnar were genuinely friends despite everything (the bit when they both discussed how ludicrous their religions are was great). The old boy seemed gutted over Ragnar's death.

Anyway, looking forward to the Great Heathen Army. Presumably this is after Bjorn et al return from their wee cruise (Floki is one of the trailers in said army). Ivar seems like the biggest mentalist yet, and his rage will be something to see.

No idea what Bjorn and Rollo et al are up to. How long does it take them to sail round Spain and France? I actually think they'll turn back for some reason.

Was pretty pleased at Auslag getting ousted and killed. She was a bit of a cuntress. Lagertha is the fucking lady. You don't want to f**k with her.

Chuckled at wee Magnus basically being told to f**k off when it was discovered that he wasn't Ragnar's son.

Just watched the latest episode;

Good to see that Bjorn et al are actually still doing shit! Thought it was rather hypocritical of Floki to stop them killing all the praying Muslims given how radge he went over Ragnar's fascination with Christianity.

Kattegat is in Norway now?! It's in Denmark, plus I'm sure it was mentioned that it's in Denmark in one of the first series.

They all seem rather forgiving of Rollo. No one seems to want to kill him anymore. In fact they all seem to like him now!

Who or what was the one eyed man at the end going round Ragnar's son supposed to be? Was it supposed to be a manifestation of Odin? Also Ivar pretty much knew his old man was dead (and indeed earlier in the episode grieved for him), so not sure why he took the news almost as a surprise. I suppose he is an utter mentalist and what he may do will put all previous mentalists to shame.

Incidentally it's been bugging me that Ubbe looks like someone and I couldn't place it. I was in HMV today and saw a DVD cover, and realised that he looks like Martin Compston.

Anyway, decent enough episode. Next week's is entitled 'The Great Army'. I'm rather excited by that prospect. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army

They all seem rather forgiving of Rollo. No one seems to want to kill him anymore. In fact they all seem to like him now!

It's because they killed the "Frankish" Rollo when they Keelhauled him, he was technically drowned and when he coughed up the water and survived he was symbolically reborn a Viking!!!

George R. R. Martin pinched this as a ritual for the "Iron Born" in Thrones!!!