The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet he hasn't, at least not officially anyway. It was suggested that he had agreed a deal in principle, but we've heard nothing about it in a week or so now.

He tweeted about it, then deleted it and said he needs to wait until it's in the paper

I haven't watched as much of Clyde as I would've liked over the past five years as a consequence of working abroad. I submit my opinion on this thread with that qualification.

My impression of the squad as I look at it on paper is that it needs reinforcement. I'm in agreement with what seems like the consensus view among supporters, that being that we require a new striker. Ideally one who could both put the ball in the net and hold-up play. An opportunist, but a hardworking one inside and outside of the box.

If we're to have a four-man-midfield, my expectation and hope is that Ferguson would field himself alongside another new player. One who is as adept a competitor as he is an adventurer, if you catch my drift. I say that because Ferguson is a holding midfielder, of course, and also because he isn't particularly athletic. It won't always do to have Ferguson alongside Capuano. I think our ball-retention would be excellent with that combination of players but at the cost of leaving space unexploited through the central midfield.

Those are the only thoughts I can offer given my lack of familiarity with the squad.

I haven't watched as much of Clyde as I would've liked over the past five years as a consequence of working abroad. I submit my opinion on this thread with that qualification.

My impression of the squad as I look at it on paper is that it needs reinforcement. I'm in agreement with what seems like the consensus view among supporters, that being that we require a new striker. Ideally one who could both put the ball in the net and hold-up play. An opportunist, but a hardworking one inside and outside of the box.

If we're to have a four-man-midfield, my expectation and hope is that Ferguson would field himself alongside another new player. One who is as adept a competitor as he is an adventurer, if you catch my drift. I say that because Ferguson is a holding midfielder, of course, and also because he isn't particularly athletic. It won't always do to have Ferguson alongside Capuano. I think our ball-retention would be excellent with that combination of players but at the cost of leaving space unexploited through the central midfield.

Those are the only thoughts I can offer given my lack of familiarity with the squad.

Your thoughts can most certainly be forgiven.

The fact your posts indicate to me that you actually have more than 1/16th of your brain in use, at any given time, already makes me regard your opinion more favourably than that of some of our other supporters.

For me, I can only agree with what David W said, either on this thread or another one of the many Clyde threads. It'd be a waste of money buying another centre back; we are well covered in that area. I'll also be concerned if we fail to bring in another striker. I don't have anything against Kevin Watt but the idea of him being a direct replacement for McCluskey is nonsense.

It's certainly interesting times ahead but, if we don't bring in a striker of decent pedigree, I'll be approaching the season ahead with caution.

Too long didnt read, need to change the game.

I must be missing something here! :1eye

Michael Daly ?????????????

When Daly was finally playing where he should have been playing towards the end of the season we saw what he was capable of.

Give the man the service and he will score a barrel-load as he ALWAYS hits the target.

With Barry Ferguson playing behind him, and the 2 wingers that Ferguson says he wants to use delivering quality balls into the box, the potential is there for Daly to be the leagues top scorer.

To say he falls short of the mark because he missed a penalty in the lottery that is a penalty shoot out, is, in my opinion, extremely harsh.

Most peoples attention seems to be on finding someone better than Watt, and completely forgetting that we already have Daly.

Anyway,

Finding someone better than Watt shouldn't be too difficult a task. ;)

Finding someone to play with watt should be the priority ,direct replacement for mccluskey,he should have been playing instead of him last 2seasons ,he will get duffy his jotters ,if he continues to be stubborn and plat him week in week out

I would still start Daly, but the way that seemed to work last season is to have a smaller, faster striker play in front of Daly.

Behind Daly.

I've not seen anyone suggest that Daly won't be in the team. After an absolutely shocking half a season, he settled down and was excellent in the last couple of months. The key is getting a player to play off him.

Remember he was injured for a while in the first half of the season and was in and out the team. Once he got a run in the team he played well, scored a few goals and won countless flick ons for mccluskey, who was completely incapable of reading what he was going to do.

Archived