Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

Nice to see the "The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money." bit completely ignored by P&B loyal.

"For some reason". I'm sure if that's true we would have had a valid reason (wasn't the full amount we're due, still involved installments, etc.). If we actually turned down the full amount payable in one go, that'd be extremely stupid on our part. It would make no sense.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the "The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money." bit completely ignored by P&B loyal.

I was glad to see Thistle get promoted, but going by some of the fans reactions I'm not sure they're ready to be around grown up teams yet.

Turned down because Dundee United wanted to pay it in installments over a long period of time rather than in one payment apparently.

In any case, how McN**a*a can claim its not about money when he's claiming to get 40k is beyond me. If asking for money isn't about money then I have no idea what's going on any more.

I was glad to see Thistle get promoted, but going by some of the fans reactions I'm not sure they're ready to be around grown up teams yet.

As far as everyone's concerned, the 'compensation thing' was in instalments. Why would we accept instalments? We would have had the full money, yes, but not for a few years.

McNamara owes us money for leaving us and is supposedly asking for money from winning the league and gaining promotion. McNamara did not win the league nor did he gain promotion as he was at Dundee United when Thistle were crowned champions.

I seem to recall McNamara saying it wasn't about the money when he left Celtic on a Bosman for a bigger deal being offered by Wolves. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.

"For some reason". I'm sure if that's true we would have had a valid reason (wasn't the full amount we're due, still involved installments, etc.). If we actually turned down the full amount payable in one go, that'd be extremely stupid on our part. It would make no sense.

Of course, every reason that Thistle have is valid, every reason for MacNamara's conduct is bogus and more evidence that he's a rat.

Q.E.D.

If you don't mind, I'll take his claims with a pinch of salt. Only one side of the story is being presented in the media, the other has declined to comment. The truth will come out in the end, and until then I'll be quite happy to whip myself up into a self-righteous frenzy!

Of course, every reason that Thistle have is valid, every reason for MacNamara's conduct is bogus and more evidence that he's a rat.

Q.E.D.

Exactly. I'm glad that you see it so clearly.

We turned down the 80k being paid in installments over 3 years. This was right and entirely reasonable given the number of clubs going down the shitter and the monies owed going down with them.

You will notice there is no seethe at Paton or Erskine for going to United. There was no seethe when Cairney went to Hibs last summer. We don't expect to keep our players or staff when bigger teams come calling.

The reason everyone is raging at McNamara is because he has acted like a fucking c**t and deserves it.

I don't see how he can claim a promotion bonus when we weren't top of the league and our away form was horrendous.

Also the 2 players he's taken to DUFC weren't even signed by him.

I think the majority of the Thistle fans wished him luck until he started acting like a c**t.

Well, it really is, isn't it Jackie, ya wee mercenary!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22466508

Manager Jackie McNamara is frustrated that the compensation row between Dundee United and former club Partick Thistle remains unresolved.

And the 39-year-old, who left Firhill in January, insists he is not seeking to profit from Thistle's promotion.

The First Division champions say McNamara's lawyers are chasing a bonus payment for the title win.

"I can assure people I don't want anything from Partick Thistle money-wise," McNamara told BBC Scotland.

"Since I left there has been a lot of stuff come from the Partick Thistle side of things.

"I think the way they've handled it is very disappointing, instead of just wishing me good luck.

"The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money.

"So I'm waiting for the legal side of things and we're playing legal games at the moment, which I was hoping were going to be resolved as well.

"Obviously, as much as I'm disappointed and frustrated at the way they've dealt with it, I'm delighted that the players have managed to get promotion, which I knew they would.

"It became very personal to me, obviously trying to tarnish things and make it out to be money, but once it's resolved I'll come out and say my side of things.

"I've kept my silence during the course of it, hoping it was resolved. Instead of worrying about what I'm doing or what I'm saying, it's about Thistle winning promotion for the first time in 10 years and getting to a cup final and all the young players playing football.

"Football is about enjoyment, it's not about me going and bettering myself at a bigger club.

"There are a lot of things which you can understand I am very angry about, when it comes down to things like money, because that's never the case for me."

A Partick Thistle spokesperson said: "We received a letter from Jackie McNamara's lawyers and it is now in the hands of our lawyers. We will make no further statement on the matter."

This sounds an awful lot like he is trying to spraff his way out of the situation. This long spiel actually contains no meaning whatsoever. Looks like another brainless SPL manager

This sounds an awful lot like he is trying to spraff his way out of the situation. This long spiel actually contains no meaning whatsoever. Looks like another brainless SPL manager

Aye, he was probably counting on the Thistle board reading Jim Spence's article and dropping their claim entirely. An astute observation.

PS. I particularly like the accusation that of the two of you, he's the brainless character. Good stuff.

Well, one thing has come out of this thread if nothing else. The Thistle fans are a fucking hoot! I just chuckled my way through a page and a half. How refreshing to have a Glasgow team in the SPL who's supporters aren't abject c***s.

"The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason."

That is a bizarre comment. Even if it's a completely watertight compensation claim by Thistle, what would they have to gain by not taking the money and continuing to fight it, it's not like they are going to get anything extra out of it?!

I know Dundee Utd are like everyone else trying to cut their costs, but why didn't they just pay the £80k in the first place? Could they really not afford it all in one go and had to pay in instalments?

Oh and forgot to add:

"I don't want anything from Thistle money-wise"

So as well as not taking the compensation money "for some reason", Thistle have made up a story that McNamara has put in a claim for a bonus payment?

Aye, he was probably counting on the Thistle board reading Jim Spence's article and dropping their claim entirely. An astute observation.

PS. I particularly like the accusation that of the two of you, he's the brainless character. Good stuff.

What on earth are you on about? He can try and weasel himself out of a situation to improve his media image without intending it to be seen by the Thistle board.

Don't get yourself too wound up, honey.

Archived