Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

In McNamara's defence he did get both Thistle and United playing some very good football for a while so he's obviously got something. [insert punchline here]. I reckon with a decent backroom staff, a bit more experience and a bit of humility he could still come good somewhere else. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In McNamara's defence he did get both Thistle and United playing some very good football for a while so he's obviously got something. [insert punchline here]. I reckon with a decent backroom staff, a bit more experience and a bit of humility he could still come good somewhere else.

Said Dermot Desmond...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/14448246.York_City_boss_Jackie_McNamara_asks_to_be_judged_next_season_after_relegation_from_Football_League_is_confirmed/?ref=twtrec

"Sorry, Jackie, most of us have judged you already - and the verdict is guilty. Guilty of dreadful tactics, awful selection, appalling signings, no motivational skills and bucket loads of deluded self-confidence. Guilty of being the worst City manager in the club's history. Guilty of turning loyal fans away from the club they love. Now where's the punishment to fit the crime?"

Also, I had no idea until now that he had signed Derek Riordan  :lol:

Needs more time IMO

From the York Press article:

"we have paid the price for not being good enough in certain games and not holding on to leads by letting points go to waste through sloppiness and a lack of concentration"

"We don’t win enough one-v-one battles and it all comes down to having the mentality to concentrate and see things through"

"Accrington’s energy levels were higher and they looked stronger than us"

"he did well but, in this game, he looked tired"

None of it was your fault then, Jackie? Bloody players to blame.

Not seeing it - he's far, far too selfish to ever be decent manager.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/14448246.York_City_boss_Jackie_McNamara_asks_to_be_judged_next_season_after_relegation_from_Football_League_is_confirmed/?ref=twtrec

"Sorry, Jackie, most of us have judged you already - and the verdict is guilty. Guilty of dreadful tactics, awful selection, appalling signings, no motivational skills and bucket loads of deluded self-confidence. Guilty of being the worst City manager in the club's history. Guilty of turning loyal fans away from the club they love. Now where's the punishment to fit the crime?"

Also, I had no idea until now that he had signed Derek Riordan :lol:

I also see that ex Dee Jake Hyde is their striker.

Despite being an absolute car crash since pretty much the minute he left Firhill, destroying everything he's touched, I fully expect him to come slithering back up to Scotland between now and the end of the year.

He'll breeze into a top half Championship club or a bottom half Premiership club, helped no end by a sycophantic media.

Will end up at Hibs. NAP

• 5 months later...
The rail company are in good company,he cheated the Dons out of how ever much he was paid during his time here.

his performance in the queen of the south semi was the worst I have ever seen.

It's been so refreshing these last few years not having shitebags like him in the team. Has there been more anger directed at a team's own player at a semi final before or since.

Archived