Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

8801d951c3634ca0312be61cfaeb9c98.jpg

“Again, I’m very disappointed with a lot of things tonight,” the 42-year-old said. “I thought we started well and managed to go 1-0 up, but we lost three crazy goals in a six minute spell and you could see the fear in the players. 

“Obviously the fans are angry and have shown their frustrations quite a lot tonight and a lot of the players didn’t handle it. They didn’t stand up and fight for it. 

“I don’t think they fought for themselves enough. They seemed to want to get away and go into their little shells and that’s the disappointing factor. They haven’t handled the pressure side of things with an intimidating atmosphere and the fans baying for blood. 

“In certain periods I thought they bullied us in all areas of the park, especially defensively. We didn’t lay a glove on their centre halves. Everything going up was coming straight back at us, where as they were making things stick and causing us problems. 

“A lot of things tonight were disappointing and the result is not a good one.” 

He added: “I take responsibility for everything. Yes, the players are given jobs to do and when they don’t then it reflects onto me. When someone makes a mistake it’s my fault and that’s part and parcel of football. 

“When everything goes right you get praise and when things go wrong you are the first person to get stick which you have to accept as a manager. Like tonight a lot of it falls on me. 

“There a little things I accept from the footballing side, however there are things I’m not happy with that are nothing to do with football which have been unjustly done for me.” 

1 hour ago, Armand 2 said:

Has there ever been a more magnificent fall from grace than that of McNamara?

Through ruthless ambition and greed, he's ruined what could have been a fine management career.

I personally don't think he ever had the personality to forge out any fine managerial career for himself. Too passive and not intelligent enough to make up for it.

1 hour ago, Redstarstranraer said:

“Again, I’m very disappointed with a lot of things tonight,” the 42-year-old said. “I thought we started well and managed to go 1-0 up, but we lost three crazy goals in a six minute spell and you could see the fear in the players. 

“Obviously the fans are angry and have shown their frustrations quite a lot tonight and a lot of the players didn’t handle it. They didn’t stand up and fight for it. 

“I don’t think they fought for themselves enough. They seemed to want to get away and go into their little shells and that’s the disappointing factor. They haven’t handled the pressure side of things with an intimidating atmosphere and the fans baying for blood. 

“In certain periods I thought they bullied us in all areas of the park, especially defensively. We didn’t lay a glove on their centre halves. Everything going up was coming straight back at us, where as they were making things stick and causing us problems. 

“A lot of things tonight were disappointing and the result is not a good one.” 

He added: “I take responsibility for everything. Yes, the players are given jobs to do and when they don’t then it reflects onto me. When someone makes a mistake it’s my fault and that’s part and parcel of football. 

“When everything goes right you get praise and when things go wrong you are the first person to get stick which you have to accept as a manager. Like tonight a lot of it falls on me. 

“There a little things I accept from the footballing side, however there are things I’m not happy with that are nothing to do with football which have been unjustly done for me.” 

Typical Ratnamara. 'Takes responsibility' then blames everyone else.

3 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Through ruthless ambition and greed, he's ruined what could have been a fine management career.

Could be worse, doesn't he have a sitcom in the pipeline?

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/14783779.UPDATED__York_City_manager_Jackie_McNamara_given_ONE_game_to_save_his_job/

State of this. Imagine making that information public. Putting some money on a Braintree win as the York players will most likely chuck it to get him sacked.

4 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Nah he's just a shite manager.

The players Dundee United had under him  no wonder he was doing so well (Ciftci, Armstrong, Robertson, GMS, Gauld...etc) United were the envy if most Scottish sides including Celtic - hence they bought 3 of them...for bargain prices.

Ruthless ambition? Nah. Greed? Definitely.

As if getting pumped 6-1 by Guisley wasn't already bad enough, it was brought to my attention last night that they are part-time.

Fantastic scenes. I'll actually be quite gutted when they lose this weekend - I was enjoying the lolz.

Although his Falkirk career was brief (two seasons) and fairly meh, one thing does stand out.

We were playing Smurn, the week before our first visit up the road to Aberdeen since he joined us from them.

I think we were losing pitifully, 2-0 or something, and there were only a few minutes left on the clock. Some Gusball clogger was shielding the ball on the touchline by the gazebo and wee Jackie came flying in from behind and booted the guy right on the back on the knee. A horrible, dangerous kick which deservedly got a red card, and meant he was suspended for Pittodrie.

Nobody will be able to convince me it was not deliberate.

This guy is worse than Angus McPherson with the football cliches.  Almost every sentence that comes out of his mouth is on that cliche bingo card.

Archived