Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Although his Falkirk career was brief (two seasons) and fairly meh, one thing does stand out.

We were playing Smurn, the week before our first visit up the road to Aberdeen since he joined us from them.

I think we were losing pitifully, 2-0 or something, and there were only a few minutes left on the clock. Some Gusball clogger was shielding the ball on the touchline by the gazebo and wee Jackie came flying in from behind and booted the guy right on the back on the knee. A horrible, dangerous kick which deservedly got a red card, and meant he was suspended for Pittodrie.

Nobody will be able to convince me it was not deliberate.

Didn't he get sent off against the Dons at Falkirk stadium later that season? I certainly remember a very enjoyable chorus of "JACKIE GTF".

22 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Don't think so, that's the only red card I can remember. I've had a look back, and he played three times against you at TFS; no red cardings involved. Probably getting subbed.

Maybe it was Bullen who was sent off and Macnamara was hounded in any case. Heady days.

Nah, he'll be fine. He'll get a cushy punditry job on Sportsound, he'll get a nice wee "how I was badly treated and needed more time" story in the papers, and all his media pals will sympathetically rally round despite him being an utterly miserable failure.

Archived