Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

Well, one thing has come out of this thread if nothing else.  The Thistle fans are a fucking hoot! I just chuckled my way through a page and a half.  How refreshing to have a Glasgow team in the SPL who's supporters aren't abject c***s.

Not sure if serious (requires joker meme but on phone).

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the absence of any real facts, I'll chuck my two bob into the bitter mix. Ratnamara praises himself for keeping silent, in a well publicised media interview ? He should be flogged on the centre circle of Firhill for that alone. When he left, I was disappointed, but wished him well. Now, he can go f**k himself. The counter claim and hooring himself out to the media are just deflection - pay up Jackie.

. If asking for money isn't about money then I have no idea what's going on any more.

The truth will come out in the end, and until then I'll be quite happy to whip myself up into a self-righteous frenzy!

'Once it's resolved I'll come out and say my side of things'

Says Jackie McNamara, in a BBC interview in which he is given free reign to say his side of things.

Not sure if serious (requires joker meme but on phone).

Serious. All of the above genuinely made me chortle..

This sounds an awful lot like he is trying to spraff his way out of the situation. This long spiel actually contains no meaning whatsoever. Looks like another brainless SPL manager

Aye, he was probably counting on the Thistle board reading Jim Spence's article and dropping their claim entirely. An astute observation.

PS. I particularly like the accusation that of the two of you, he's the brainless character. Good stuff.

What on earth are you on about? He can try and weasel himself out of a situation to improve his media image without intending it to be seen by the Thistle board.

Don't get yourself too wound up, honey.

I'm a nice guy so I'll forgive your wrong-headedness on this one. MacNamara doesn't have a media image problem. He has had zero bad press. His stock remains as high as ever and nobody gives a f**k about this vanishingly trivial matter apart from a few Thistle fans desperate to feel aggrieved and ... you, apparently.

Am I seething?

I'm a nice guy so I'll forgive your wrong-headedness on this one. MacNamara doesn't have a media image problem. He has had zero bad press. His stock remains as high as ever and nobody gives a f**k about this vanishingly trivial matter apart from a few Thistle fans desperate to feel aggrieved and ... you, apparently.

Am I seething?

It seems the only person is defending him is you. Most people see him for the money grabbing c**t he is.

His stock as isn't high until he achieves something at DU. At the moment he has done nothing of note except sign some decent players for Thistle.

It seems the only person is defending him is you. Most people see him for the money grabbing c**t he is.

There's really nothing to defend. I'd be the same with any manager, or indeed any employee, if I gave a f**k. I'm only taking a marginal interest in the matter because he's associated with United. It's genuinely a trivial, nothing issue and he's being attacked by a long queue of whining, jilted lovers upset that he's moved on to pastures new. The compensation issue is just an excuse to vent your spleen that he doesn't love you anymore. My defence, if it's that, is that not a single one of you know what happened and fewer still have even the most basic grasp of the legal issues in contention. My natural intolerance of blowhards and misguided pish demands that I post in reply. Would that it were any other way.

Either: MacNamara's due a little bit of money to Thistle which will be paid after it's been properly determined in which case, big fucking deal. Or else: he's due a little less or nothing at all in which case, likewise.

His stock as isn't high until he achieves something at DU. At the moment he has done nothing of note except sign some decent players for Thistle.

I think I said his stock was as high as it's ever been. I make no claims as to how that is other than to say nobody with any sense gives a toss about this nonsense.

pence tweeting United offered '2x40k, then a one off 50k. Thistle wanted 80k in in one off payment.'

Bored to tears with this already.

So can United really not afford £80k in one go, the most they can afford is £50k?

Or are they are just being tossers because they don't really want to have to pay any compensation?

Either way, for the sake of not an awful lot of money, United and McNamara are looking like diddies for being so cheap.

Pull my strings is clearly seething. He even signed up on the Thistle forum to try and start something.

:lol: I most certainly did not. Perhaps I have a fan. They do say imitation is the sincerest (and creepiest) form of flattery.

It's not about the money any more.

Whether £80k goes here, or £40k goes there, the damage being done and about to be done to one man's reputation - most of it through his own doing and very much avoidable - will impact on the career he should have had from here on in but now won't.

Silly b(h)oy.

not a single one of you know what happened

My post had nothing to do with 'what happened.' I was simply inferring that the man sounds like an idiot, judging by his interview and quotes. No need to get all defensive about an unproven SPL manager. And by the way, signing up to a Thistle forum means your are most definitely...

RATTLED.

My post had nothing to do with 'what happened.' I was simply inferring that the man sounds like an idiot, judging by his interview and quotes. No need to get all defensive about an unproven SPL manager. And by the way, signing up to a Thistle forum means your are most definitely...

RATTLED.

Thanks man.

We do agree that your post had nothing to do with what happened. To be fair, I took that as read.

You weren't inferring. You imply, I infer.

Defensive?

:lol: I'm assuming I must have a doppleganger. I'd be delighted to read his posts if anyone on the site can pop them up here. I wish I had more wine tonight and less work tomorrow, this could be fun.

Thanks man.

We do agree that your post had nothing to do with what happened. To be fair, I took that as read.

You weren't inferring. You imply, I infer.

Defensive?

:lol: I'm assuming I must have a doppleganger. I'd be delighted to read his posts if anyone on the site can pop them up here. I wish I had more wine tonight and less work tomorrow, this could be fun.

'Infer' means 'to deduce.' It is a completely satisfactory word for me to use in this context. Looks like the half-glass of Merlot has gone to your head. Sleep it off, come back tomorrow, try a wee bit harder.

RATTLED.

'Infer' means 'to deduce.' It is a completely satisfactory word for me to use in this context. Looks like the half-glass of Merlot has gone to your head. Sleep it off, come back tomorrow, try a wee bit harder.

:lol: I know what infer means, Colin. You (the author) may imply but only I (the reader) infers.

Keep googling, you'll get there eventually and will be a better man for it. I genuinely wish you the best of luck.

look forward to reading pull my strings thoughts when Russell goes for a fee less than utd want and payable over a number of years.

according to jim spence utd offered £80k payable over 2 years so we can deduce from that i think that the £80k compensation is a real figure. offering £50k payable now instead is something you offer if you are either a) dealing with a club on the verge of admin b) chancers or c) a bit strapped for cash having just paid off a former manager. b) or c) looking likely to most folk.

btw we are well aware our wage structure means we will always lose players but these players gave 4 and 5 years of good service before going and have conducted themselves in a professional manner since the pre contracts became public so no seething/bitterness about their departure.

the ex-manager is different due to manner in which he conducted himself in the media prior to going and since. the contradictory comments to the bbc being a good example. our away form when he was in charge means its certainly questionable whether we would have won the league had he stayed. Archie changed the style of play making us harder to breakdown. Jackie for all the attractive style of play he encouraged didn't seem to have a plan B, which i'm sure utd fans are beginning to spot.

anyway first encounter next season should be fun....

Of course, every reason that Thistle have is valid, every reason for MacNamara's conduct is bogus and more evidence that he's a rat.

Q.E.D.

In this instance - yes. I say this without knowing the full details of the contract, of course, but after hearing what's coming from my club and other parts of this I'm hearing: absolutely. Thistle are valid to want the full sum paid up front and reject Dundee Utd's installments. McNamara's conduct has been very poor, from a Thistle perspective.

It's genuinely a trivial, nothing issue and he's being attacked by a long queue of whining, jilted lovers upset that he's moved on to pastures new.

Well, it's not. £80k, to a club our size, is a significant sum of money. There's nothing trivial about £80k.

Why would we be upset now? I think most Thistle fans would agree we were when he left, as he was doing a very good job. But since he's been gone we've had someone come in and do a better job. I can give McNamara credit - some of the best football I've seen at Thistle in a long time came under him. But he's not missed.

Archived