Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

f**k knows what the board are up to here. There will still be plenty of press and it's streamed worldwide on Celtic TV so I think the "so no one gets to see it" is obviously not the case?

I wonder if the club will reply?

Its probably to create some form of "seige mentality", or some such drivel.

A lot of our fans won't know how to watch via other methods so rely on either PPV or match reports, Celtic have denied them both.

And no, Celtic won't reply or explain.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A lot of our fans won't know how to watch via other methods so rely on either PPV or match reports, Celtic have denied them both.

That's on your fans for not knowing and there will still be match reports available. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its probably to create some form of "seige mentality", or some such drivel.

And no, Celtic won't reply or explain.

There has been no PPV for any away fans this season. I'm sure many fans will do what they usually do when games like this are on and the "won't give Celtic the money" and watch it on a dodgy stream.

There will be plenty of match reports, highlights and other media doing the rounds. I doubt very much if it's not in the Journal or the PA people in Perth never get to find out about things. Or do they?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's on your fans for not knowing and there will still be match reports available. 

He knows, it's his usual routine.

"PRESS BLACKOUT AS NO COURIER AT GAME"

Edited by Romeo

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's on your fans for not knowing.

Our fan base has an average age of about 90.

Old boy who comes into my work had to buy a tablet to watch PPV games and get it all set up for him just to click on the bookmark, log in, and watch.

How am I meant to explain how to set up a VPN/watch via a stream to him?

As for the match reports, they're generally just talking about everything from a Celtic perspective. The Courier have been doing great big articles through the week about the previous game aswell. Its also the only game this season they've banned non-Glasgow journalists from.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why should fans be denied the opportunity to watch their team play at Parkhead because Celtic want to extort their own fans crazy money for a season ticket? 12 teams in the league and 11 quite happily allow both home and away fans to pay an amount to watch a live stream. At a time when fans can’t physically attend a stadium it’s nonsense for Celtic to deny away fans access to a stream. It’s actually a bit of a joke and more should have been made of it at the start of the season. 

Obviously anyone technically minded will find a stream easy enough, but not everyone has smart phones and android boxes to do that. Which should be a redundant point anyway because Celtic should be providing it legitimately.  

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Why should fans be denied the opportunity to watch their team play at Parkhead because Celtic want to extort their own fans crazy money for a season ticket? 

This isn't something new. 

As for the match reports being written in a Celtic guided way, welcome to Scottish media, brother. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

This isn't something new. 

Just because it isn’t new, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be questioned. 

To be fair the real losers here are Celtic fans who aren’t season ticket holders, and Celtic fans who are season ticket holders who have paid the thick end of a grand to watch matches through a stream. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Just because it isn’t new, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be questioned. 

Absolutely. It just seems Celtic fans want to hold a discussion about it because the empire is crumbling. It wasn't that big a deal to be questioned at the start of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely. It just seems Celtic fans want to hold a discussion about it because the empire is crumbling. It wasn't that big a deal to be questioned at the start of the season. 

Can sort of understand the barrier throwing antics from last weekend tbf, it really is a ridiculous price they are paying for a season ticket. Does anyone know how much it works out on a game by game basis? I know they charge something crazy like £55 for Old Firm games, but split between 18 home games they must be paying on average £35 odd per game. 

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"PRESS BLACKOUT AS NO COURIER AT GAME"

I mean, giving zero access routes to the match to our fans, media team, and journalists, is literally a "blackout" to St Johnstone fans.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As for the match reports, they're generally just talking about everything from a Celtic perspective. The Courier have been doing great big articles through the week about the previous game aswell. Its also the only game this season they've banned non-Glasgow journalists from.

I'm pretty sure someone at the Courier will still have the ability to watch the match and write a match report.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure someone at the Courier will still have the ability to watch the match and write a match report.

By the sounds of it, they havent been given any official way to view it, which is the issue.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the sounds of it, they havent been given any official way to view it, which is the issue.

It will be like the old days, getting the outcome via the classified results then waiting to see if it is covered on Sportscene.  Retro.