Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have never seen him play, why would you be convinced or unconvinced?

never seen him play? its hard to when hes averaging almost 3 games a year :D and 5 of those apps were with Wrexham in the conference on loan :D

Hes got height going for him but gotta be a reason why hes played so few games in 5 years lol

:wacko:

Anyway, the only thing we definitely need is a right mid.

or right winger depending on system ;) but yeah the width just needs more cover like said your only 1 or 2 lads off staying 2nd :)

Can't judge big Nielson until he has a few games under his belt. Was on the books at Blackburn and Man City so there must be something about him. Not expecting him to be as good as Ruddy or Randolph but he should do a decent job!

Can't judge big Nielson until he has a few games under his belt. Was on the books at Blackburn and Man City so there must be something about him. Not expecting him to be as good as Ruddy or Randolph but he should do a decent job!

That line of thought is forbidden to be used by Motherwell Fans

053_john_hendry.jpg

That line of thought is forbidden to be used by Motherwell Fans

Posted Image

I actually mentioned him in another thread this morning. Slightly different with Nielson having moved between big clubs. He won't be a superstar but would rather take a chance on him than some of the other goalkeepers in he SPL.

Motherwell have Toni Silva, Chris Gadi, Jack Smith playing for us at Morcambe today. As well as Henri Anier again.

gadi looks the most exciting out of them having played 3 times for marseille's first team and been involved in french youth teams.

silva was at barnsley so the steelmen's resident tykes fan will no doubt give us the lowdown. can't find any info on smith.

i'm away to watch faddy in fife anyway.

gadi looks the most exciting out of them having played 3 times for marseille's first team and been involved in french youth teams.

silva was at barnsley so the steelmen's resident tykes fan will no doubt give us the lowdown. can't find any info on smith.

i'm away to watch faddy in fife anyway.

Yeah just had a quick look, Gadi certainly seems to look the most promising of the 3. I'm sure the fans down in Morcambe will give us an overview.

Like yourself I've decided to make a last minute trip to watch the Cowdenbeath game.

Yeah just had a quick look, Gadi certainly seems to look the most promising of the 3. I'm sure the fans down in Morcambe will give us an overview.

Like yourself I've decided to make a last minute trip to watch the Cowdenbeath game.

Your man Gadi has a YouTube highlights video up.

Your man Gadi has a YouTube highlights video up.

I try not too judge a player too much unless I see them live. Big Esteban had quite the ehrm, 'impressive' youtube video. Also although the fact he's a French International sounds promising I'm sure Yassin Moutaouakil was as well. Sounds like him and the Portuguese boy Silva got a half each today so I guess it's up to McCall's judgement. I see the other two trialists Henri Anier and Jack Smith both scored in Morcambe. McCall says he wants a winger and another striking option in so it could be any 2 from 4 or I suppose he might end up signing none of them.

Was at Cowden, not particularly impressive stuff despite the score line. Although we started the 2nd half with six players who've never kicked a ball in a competitive game for Motherwell so it was a very youthful side.

Can perhaps see why the club let Saunders go as young Euan Murray looks a very good young prospect . Boy won everything going and was very powerful. Also young Dom Thomas in the middle of the park had a very good game. Lovely left foot, showed some nice touches, some good passes and was always looking for the ball. Took his goal very well too, cut inside onto his weaker foot before curling it into the top bag from the edge of the area.

Hard to tell much from friendlies but those two young lads were the pick of the bunch for me today. Hopefully Faddy was taken off as just as a precaution. And hopefully McCall can get some pace in the wide areas in over the next week or so in time for Europe.

I try not too judge a player too much unless I see them live. Big Esteban had quite the ehrm, 'impressive' youtube video.

Indeed, for what it's worth I wasn't being entirely serious by way of making any judgements from it, more just making the observation that it was there. If nothing else he seems to have played against a high calibre of team.

I've never really been McCall's biggest fan however the way he and the club are going about rebuilding during this window has definitely been impressive. I'm pleased that he seems to have a fairly clear idea of what he feels the team needs. All in all the way they're going about their business if encouraging.

Can perhaps see why the club let Saunders go as young Euan Murray looks a very good young prospect . Boy won everything going and was very powerful. Also young Dom Thomas in the middle of the park had a very good game. Lovely left foot, showed some nice touches, some good passes and was always looking for the ball. Took his goal very well too, cut inside onto his weaker foot before curling it into the top bag from the edge of the area.

He looked like a pretty confident lad who won't easily be fazed against Newcastle, as you said he's quite bulky and not the average Fir Park skinny youth. However he didn't look very tall for a centre half.

I try not too judge a player too much unless I see them live. Big Esteban had quite the ehrm, 'impressive' youtube video.

Casagolda was signed based on a Youtube video and that ridiculous 'Goal Machine' thread on Steelmen Online. Can't imagine Steelmen will manage to do the same thing ever again though, there hasn't been a positive word written there about anything or anyone since. Fool me once, I suppose...

I almost dropped my Pimms* when I saw on Twitter that Faddy went off after 15 mins today - is there any update on that?

*3 parts Buckfast:1 Part American Cream Soda

it didn't look too bad and kenny black says it was only a precaution.

i wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't fancy it yesterday. the game was not up to much.

Casagolda was signed based on a Youtube video and that ridiculous 'Goal Machine' thread on Steelmen Online. Can't imagine Steelmen will manage to do the same thing ever again though, there hasn't been a positive word written there about anything or anyone since. Fool me once, I suppose...

Tbf, that thread was absolutely hilarious from start to finish. Then he signed.

Archived