Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any moves to normalise a druggy culture is a dangerous road to go down.

I can't think of anything more normal in the UK at the moment than people taking drugs. It's the one thing we Brits probably do better than anyone else.

I can't think of anything more normal in the UK at the moment than people taking drugs. It's the one thing we Brits probably do better than anyone else.

I wouldn't say drug taking is the norm for people in the UK. How many people outside the 15-25 age group are indulging? When you're young and have no real responsibilities, it's normal to experiment with this and that but once things like mortgages, marriages, kids and careers enter the equation, people tend to move on in life. I guess dope smokers put forward this "loads of people do it" line to justify their own actions but, in reality, most people aren't taking illegal drugs of any sort.

You need to see Eastern Europe and 'Krokodil'.

I meant in terms of partying, 'caning it' and that sort of thing. What was the Greek equivalent of krokodil again? Saw it on Vice when it rose after the Greek economy collapsed. Horrific.

I wouldn't say drug taking is the norm for people in the UK. How many people outside the 15-25 age group are indulging? When you're young and have no real responsibilities, it's normal to experiment with this and that but once things like mortgages, marriages, kids and careers enter the equation, people tend to move on in life. I guess dope smokers put forward this "loads of people do it" line to justify their own actions but, in reality, most people aren't taking illegal drugs of any sort.

After alcohol and tobacco, cannabis is the next most commonly used drug in the UK.

Just about everyone I know takes some form of drugs, whether it be coke, weed or mdma/pills. Most of the older people I know still enjoy taking these drugs in their older years. I think when I'm over 25 I'll still indulge in it now and then too.

Just about everyone I know takes some form of drugs, whether it be coke, weed or mdma/pills. Most of the older people I know still enjoy taking these drugs in their older years. I think when I'm over 25 I'll still indulge in it now and then too.

Same here. I'm no saying everybody does it but I'm willing to bet it's far more prevalent than some people expect.

Most of the boys I have a drink with at the weekend, some close to 50, still take the coke. I don't think anyone who was big on it in their younger years ever really stops.

Would agree with this. Some of my mates are pushing 40, good jobs and families but still snort like demons on nights out. Strange stuff but each to their own.

Oh, and yes, weed should obviously be legal.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Coke used be be advertised as a pick me up for the tired and elderly. Just because the young started on it before they were ready to appreciate its subtleties and dangers and made it a get out your skull youth experience, doesn't mean those with a bit of maturity shouldn't carry on moderately indulging.

Can't say I know anyone who does weed or coke. 20 years ago aye, but not in your 40s for Christ's sake. A bunch of middle aged blokes huddled round a hash bong and laughing at the patterns on the wallpaper is just a bizarre image in my eyes.

Edited by ebeneezer

Can't say I know anyone who does weed or coke. 20 years ago aye, but not in your 40s for Christ's sake. A bunch of middle aged blokes huddled round a hash bong and laughing at the patterns on the wallpaper is just a bizarre image in my eyes.

It is possible to smoke sitting on a nice armchair with a some decent sounds and a coal fire. Being a student is not compulsory.