The East Fife Thread

Yeah a know what your saying, I definitely wouldn’t spend that kinda money on Lyle. In my opinion a goal scorer should’ve been first thing on the agenda, before we signed anyone else if that means offering 200 a week more than someone else it should’ve been done, decent strikers cost a lot more than other players, but there’s an obvious reason for that because without one or two your absolutely shafted over the duration of a season

Forfar have made a great signing in John Baird by bringing him in as a Player/Coach. That’s the sort of signing that could have been great for us especially if we are going with Johnny Court as our main striker. He is still young and fairly inexperienced. The player that I think would be great as a player/coach and pass on his experience to the young players is Scott McDonald ex Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee United. Whether he would come or if we could afford him is another question but I never thought for a minute that Baird would have gone to Forfar.
I fear for us if we don’t manage to get a striker with more experience as it’s a long season and if we get hit with injuries and suspensions we don’t have enough options

Squad for Match Day (Minus 12)
 Long
Dunsmore, Kane, Watson, Meggatt
 Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew
 Smith, Court
 Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Dunlop, Linton, Young???

Just waiting for news about this keeper and we'll see what happens after the QoS game regarding other signings!!!

On 01/07/2018 at 13:06, King Kebab said:

Just to add, he would also be ideal if we are, as reported probably signing the young lad from Herriot Watt, perhaps with having the two young guys up front and emphasis placed on how much of a mentor Paul would be, then perhaps the offer of Player/Coaching role might swing the deal to bring Shagger back to his spiritual home...

...again!!!

What about the boy from herriott crescent? 

Fucksake forgot all about this!!![emoji23]

Squad for Match Day (Minus 11)
 Long
Dunsmore, Kane, Watson, Meggatt
 Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew
 Smith, Court
 Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Dunlop, Linton, Young???

Hopefully some signing news after the game tonight!!!

Shambles of a first half with  5 trialists starting and the defence wide open and keeper unconvincing.At least looked like a football team  the second half when Davidson came on and Watson reverted to centre back.Lots of scrambles in the Queens box but again couldn't score.

For