The East Fife Thread

IWe’ve went beat Stranraer 4-0 few weeks ago to this and it adds to list of defeats to lower league opponents in this cup already so no surprise we are out to an eos outfit but at same time I know it’s embrassing right?. I wasn’t there today but I felt Dunbar was up for it, probably best if we stick to league this season anyways…

1 hour ago, Fifer4Life said:

Times up for Greig time do the decent thing and resign to keep his legacy intact and move on to another fresh voice to try and get us playing football amd getting to the top the end of table

Greig got the job the same way gary naysmith got the gig promote within even going back to the days of when we had hired durie, Chisholm etc, because of his playing history with east fife I have a feeling this will eventually go sour for greig like his last job with stirling Albion amongst the supporters as we watch on….but at same time east fife will admit who’s out there? same for supporters of Clyde, Forfar, Elgin in that backet there’s no ambition and survive with what we have sort of thing.

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I read on twitter that pumping is the biggest non league win over league opposition in the Scottish Cup since 1896.

Some going that well done lads. I now understand why you don't like playing Saturdays.

We probably put down playing on grass was the excuse of our defeat but.

And the curse of the great Alan Hansen comment of you don’t win nothing with kids aswell so our inconsistency form away from home has us playing league games this season after today.

Greig MacDonald is getting it in the neck and impossible to defend after that result.He has never really found a system to suit the players we have.

However in my opinion the major blame lies with the players.The manager picked the same team that played really well in beating Stranraer.There is no excuse for that result.

Looking at the wider picture,the last three years have been disastrous.Frankly ,while the Board are East Fife men they seem to be presiding over a managed decline.

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Not being funny but these results surely in the cup should be the opening up of the league trap door for automatic relegation for club 42 

If the LL clubs weren't inviting B teams in and keeping their basement door as close to shut as possible in the same way L2 is, I'd be inclined to agree. 

23 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

This isn't really a surprise as he's not going to get into the team in front of Fleming.

What is a surprise is the timing, we going to have the under 20 Rollo on the bench now ?

IMG_20231103_224615.jpg

He’s probably found his level likewise Cunningham aswell… we absolutely don’t need three keepers giving his experience Fleming is and he hardly gets injured so loaning Reece out seems quite right. He’s hardly first choice either and when ever I have seen him I still think young rollo the better out those two.

Who the hell sanctioned that awful Errea top that Mcdonald has been wearing ?

Looks like Rangers or team GB  teamwear, i suppose it was the cheap option, give us  what you have lying around in stock  rather than get something Black & Gold bespoke 😞

Capture.PNG

Edited by Beachcomber

On 29/10/2023 at 13:45, Kelheart said:

Not being funny but these results surely in the cup should be the opening up of the league trap door for automatic relegation for club 42 

I have no issue with club 42 being relegated (not off the back of some random cup results mind you) but until that utter midden of a league below us sort out the pathetic B team situation they can ram it up their farters. I’d actually remove the Lowland League from the pyramid altogether - no team at this level deserves to be punished with B teams after relegation because they bent over and parted their cheeks for the old firm. 

21 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I'm assuming Kieran Mitchell hasn't done much at all, looking at the chronic form East Fife are in?

Nope and also missed a penalty in penalty shoutout in wales tells you everything really. His deals up in January can we send him back on 7 back to Kirkcaldy 😂