The East Fife Thread

How many is Austin on for the season now guys?

23 I think, definitely has 21 League goals and he doesn't take the penalties (not that we ever get any)!!!

How many of Gunn's goals are pens???

Edited by King Kebab

Excuse my ignorance but do you think he has it to make the step up in leagues?I have never seen him play so bow down to your knowledge.

Before he signed for Falkirk I would of said potentially, now it's a definitely! with the full time training he looks two times the player he already was.

Excuse my ignorance but do you think he has it to make the step up in leagues?I have never seen him play so bow down to your knowledge.

Haven't saw him play in the flesh this season but going by reports and highlights I would say most definitely.

When he signed he was very raw but huge credit must go to Naysmith who has certainly improved him as a player and has came on leaps and bounds.

He certainly deserves a chance at full time football and will improve at Falkirk.

What a day, what a game. Credit to Gary and Dougie, have assembled what looks like a league winning side. The work rate, passion, performance of the team is spot on. Just got to keep it up! Proud to be an East Fife fan, times like this is what makes football what it is. Supporting your team week in week out, even when they're getting beat, makes days like this so much better! Can go to bed one happy lad, already looking forward to Saturday. Mon the Fife.

It took him a season and a half to establish himself here.  He'd been playing at amatuer level up until then, and was down the pecking order a bit when he came in.  If you had asked me this at the start of this season, I'd have said no, but I've changed my mind on this.  Where before he was really all about pace, there's now some guile in there too.  Just look at the highlights of our league cup game against Motherwell.  He ran the back 4 ragged on his own.

Here's hoping his younger brother also makes the huge step up

What a day, what a game. Credit to Gary and Dougie, have assembled what looks like a league winning side. The work rate, passion, performance of the team is spot on. Just got to keep it up! Proud to be an East Fife fan, times like this is what makes football what it is. Supporting your team week in week out, even when they're getting beat, makes days like this so much better! Can go to bed one happy lad, already looking forward to Saturday. Mon the Fife.

Well said Ewan.

Before he signed for Falkirk I would of said potentially, now it's a definitely! with the full time training he looks two times the player he already was.

Have to agree,Against Arbroath the first two games Austin was hardly in the game,but the last game at New Bayview,Austin was superb,Waston and Little were all over the place.

I'm no Brian Cox, but i'm almost certain that there's one team who can prevent a Fife title.....

Next thing they'll be hiring the open top bus. The sound of that beep beep beeping back in the garage would be most pleasing.

Big games ahead for all.

Most of the folk pinning us as title certs aren't East Fife supporters.

I think most us recognise that we're favorites but any of the top 5 will be in with a very good shout if they pick up 15+ points from the last 6.

Edited by Gordon EF

From AFTN:

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF