The East Fife Thread

So the question lads, just how good is Alex Ferguson?

I see he's been racking up the assists for you guys as well as scoring a few goals too. The reason I ask is because we're woefully short on a central midfielder who's able to actually look up and pick a pass. That being said we'd need our strikers to score the chances, but creating them is the first step. Depending on what happens with our new manager, he may well get a decent chance next season, or at least the League Cup group stage games.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I see he's been racking up the assists for you guys as well as scoring a few goals too. The reason I ask is because we're woefully short on a central midfielder who's able to actually look up and pick a pass. That being said we'd need our strikers to score the chances, but creating them is the first step. Depending on what happens with our new manager, he may well get a decent chance next season, or at least the League Cup group stage games.

He’s excellent and I would reckon he will probably be our PotY at the end of the season. He’s a step above most midfielders in League Two and if we get lucky Play-Off-wise I would like to see him with us again in League One, we did it with Jason Kerr for two years and look at the player you got back!!!

He will become more than good enough to play in the Premier but having him sit on the bench and just get the odd cup game isn’t going to help him along and at the moment I don’t think he would warrant a start, as he wouldn’t be any better than what is already there, but I think give him another season loaned out and you will get back a player who would be a bit exceptional!!!

6 hours ago, Widge said:

I'll back up what King Kebab said. He'll likely win our PotY and he's made a big impact on L2 this season. And he's really grown into the season, taking a while to find his feet and really stepping up around the midpoint of the season.

I think he's definitely got the potential to go on and be a regular in the Premier League at some point but I'm not sure he's quite ready to make that step straight away. Another season on loan at a higher level where he's going to be getting plenty of game time would probably make sense. I'd love that to be with us in L1 next season but if Saints are still in the PL next season, I'd probably look to get him out to a L1 or Championship side.

22 hours ago, Widge said:

77DFECA8-4453-48F3-9432-B03A2EF9C749.jpeg

On 17/04/2023 at 12:32, Widge said:

751EC1EC-1FF6-47BA-A092-6A2CB3F04D55.jpeg.a417ece7efe7d49536f57e334ffbbdbb.jpeg29BAD200-2D97-4F03-813A-8C54BD355B2D.jpeg.33a277d4a631b99307b19e99ff824344.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

We should have at least three players in their tbf.

Not only do I agree, but I also concur!!!

It’s an outrage that McManus isn't there and possibly Walls or Newton and don’t forget Fleming, he had the perfect game for a goalkeeper!!!

5 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Am I right in saying there is some connection between Sheffield Wednesdays logo and East Fife? 

TIA

A quick shufty at Wikipedia says that Wednesday played in the Owlerton area of Sheffield but didn't get known as The Owls until 1912 when player George Robertson presented them with an owl (Wikipedia doesn't say whether it was live or stuffed!) Robertson was born in Menstrie and also played for East Fife 

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A quick shufty at Wikipedia says that Wednesday played in the Owlerton area of Sheffield but didn't get known as The Owls until 1912 when player George Robertson presented them with an owl (Wikipedia doesn't say whether it was live or stuffed!) Robertson was born in Menstrie and also played for East Fife 

Is the correct answer.  

I think it's fair to say East Fife fans had something of a rollercoaster ride this season.  Alternating between thrilled and  ready to vomit at various points  on the ride.   Play off place secured though, so congratulations after all that came before.    A well done to Greig too.  Of all the  managers who took over failing teams,  he's the one who actually made the play offs.  Not bad at all Greig.

On 05/04/2023 at 17:24, The Marly said:

How has Alex Ferguson done for you lads?

On 17/04/2023 at 12:32, Widge said:

Tonight was PotY Night at Bayview…

6263536B-B4DE-4A05-955E-F6F4ADFF8364.jpeg

64758AA0-31E8-4137-83DF-A501FCBF69DD.jpeg

A890636E-F8C4-453A-90F6-D6C8B35E6EE2.jpeg

2A961DA4-1CBC-4543-9CAB-3588CC1077E5.jpeg