The East Fife Thread

1 minute ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Congratulations to our under 20s on tonight's victory, we'll done lads! 

any decent players edinburgh city can pinch we football fans can keep an eye on progressing to better things? :whistle

Three weeks on from the season finishing and still siliemce on the player front bar from the odd post by players new clubs or pfa avaliablity page

Surely we should hear something on the squad front this weekend with hopefully a few new signings aswell

17 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

We've actually signed a left back ! Looked to have a good left foot when I saw him last season, I'm sure the Kelty boys will give us more details.

Liked Reece good steady player , was unfortunate Ngwenya was preferred mostly at Lb his first season but got his chance during Potterball and played decently most weeks , few injuries but seems to have gotten over them, one I'd probably would've liked to have stayed on last season instead of going to Bonnyrigg and seen if he kicked on 

I’d keep Walls, Newton, Miller, McManus and Trouten!!!

We’ve just signed a new aging, slow defender, I think we can let the aging, slow defenders we already have leave!!!

Also as we’ve now missed out on Gaston, I think keeping Fleming is probably a priority!!!

2 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Forgot about Brogan who i would keep.

If we sign Callaghan which is rumoured I don't think we need Millar.

I would be ok with any of my list leaving as long as their replacements are of an equal or better standard!!!

But I would still keep Walls and Newton as they, along with Healy, are the only ones on the roster that the Club can make money on if they move on!!!

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I would be ok with any of my list leaving as long as their replacements are of an equal or better standard!!!

But I would still keep Walls and Newton as they, along with Healy, are the only ones on the roster that the Club can make money on if they move on!!!

Would agree with the above, except for you using the word roster though! 

Don’t be a roaster, accept the roster!!!😉

6 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

We've actually signed a left back ! Looked to have a good left foot when I saw him last season, I'm sure the Kelty boys will give us more details.

You’ve got a cracking player - one of the most consistent players at NDP last season with a phenomenal engine. He’ll be a big loss to the Rose, he’d have been one I’d definitely have kept …… I hope Calum knows what he’s doing!!! 😖

The suspense this morning is killing me already I wouldn't be against keeping Millar, McManus, Murdoch, shepherd, Trouten, Easton and Fleming on for another season but most of them have been at club for a season or more. I know many would disagree having shepherd but would be useful from the bench and he does run about the pitch so I still would have him back but not overly worried if he left either.

But like KK said above keeping Newton and Walls is the big deal and should pursued them both to stay as what's the point in our youth system if the club doesn't gain anything or any value to the football club likewise Healy, Rollo and Ramsay.

Though if we are to keep Rollo and Ramsay for another season they more likely go out onloan to a club eos league  than warm the bench same applies to Hambrook as I feel we rushed giving him a contract and we're stuck with him until his contracts up unless something happens. Our bench on season finish there was limited and no much options for both greig and dick and we saw that in season end there that I rather have guys that can bring something like the 11 on the park tbh and it hindered us season just past.

As for Munro and Peggie seems we have got ourselfs a replacement for Page/Comerford that departed as for Peggie we've never signed a left back since naysmith/penrice was here and we've shoved Slattery then newton at LB so if newton was to stay I like to see him back as a midfielder and gives us a option for a backup left back if need be.

Though the kids on Thursday night few gems I see potential in the boy upfront is it Jay Copeland, seems tall and can score goals at that level I believe he's been there for 12months I herd on Eftv he's one that should be on the radar likewise a few others in there but we shouldn't rush these boys either we have just promoted Ramsay and Murray and it's weather or not dick will use them they aren't going be quite ready be regulars at L2 level right away and another season for most of those players at U20s is needed hopefully we don't have to appoint another manager at that level I think we have used so many coaches down there until Garry Banks has came in also, looks to have steady the ship.

But yeah I can imagine the news will be those that's there, maybe news on the new home strip from errea! And possibly preseason friendlies and I wouldnt mind we set up friendlies to teams non league or eos sides or even get a wee ground hop day out somewhere at the end of June perhaps? Bear in mind the draw for the betfred cup is on Wednesday but aye the news will be a long the lines in any I have just said.

Again… maybe Leighton McIntosh. It feels like he’s definitely leaving us as it was said in our squad update that he was offered terms for this year and not heard anything since and that was forever ago. Definitely will want to go somewhere he’s playing every week.

Surprised Gaston ended up at Stirling. Will be really for a year or 2 I think.