Reasons to be Cheerful

On 10/02/2024 at 13:27, Boghead ranter said:

My wee lassie's basketball team just won the U16 Scottish Cup.

On 30/03/2024 at 16:50, Boghead ranter said:

And they've followed up for the double by winning the U16 Scottish league today.

And she's completed a treble by winning the Falkirk Schools Cup today 🙂

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

How have you only had £304 returned? Was it a 10p bet? 

It was won in the 6 horse challange. You basically pick 6 horses (for free) and if 4 come up you get a share of "x" amount and so on.

10 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A fairly good reason to be cheerful in our holiday location in Crete (on Crete? Discussion for another day.) The young barman has fek all idea of drink measures. I have gratefully received a Drambuie that would have sunk a battleship, 10 Tory MPs or Nigel Farage. 

Happy days.

Any sign of Jay on the way over?

P.S. 'on' Crete as it's an island.

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nope. Noe even a glimpse.

.... so, on the important issue of the day, would you say I am on holiday "on Ireland" or "in Ireland"? 

The same could be asked of Britain.

As I understand it the concept only really applies to small  islands. Where I am there are literally thousands of Islands so we say on XYZ Island in the Philippines. 

By the way, I thought you were in Greece, not Ireland! 

Edited by hk blues

Just now, hk blues said:

The same could be asked of Britain.

As I understand it the concept only really applies to small  islands. Where I am there are literally thousands of Islands so we say on XYZ Island in the Philippines. 

I think as in so many areas of life, size is important. (Cue Kenneth.)

I can't imagine anyone saying "my auntie is on Australia".

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think as in so many areas of life, size is important. (Cue Kenneth.)

I can't imagine anyone saying "my auntie is on Australia".

Yep.

I would never say my auntie is on Australia ( or even in Australia for that matter) as she's in Scotland.

58 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Enjoying some proper peaceful time round my holiday hotel pool, with my fellow Europeans, as all the tattooed zeppelins are away to get ready for an early dinner before the Engerlund game starts.

Oh gawd I'd forgotten that the forces of darkness were playing tonight.  Fast dinner then back to the balcony for a couple of beers, listening for the sounds of crushing disappointment and open rebellion from our southern neighbours.

Damn. They're going to walk it tonight, aren't they?

Had a great day.

Watched a good F1 race. Watched the England game (except the last 2 minutes). Get it up ye Southgate! Having a couple of beers. One week of work left. Started a new Patrick O'Brian book.

Just a chilled, fun day.

47 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Had a great day.

Watched a good F1 race. Watched the England game (except the last 2 minutes). Get it up ye Southgate! Having a couple of beers. One week of work left. Started a new Patrick O'Brian book.

Just a chilled, fun day.

Don't lie. 

18 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Enjoying some proper peaceful time round my holiday hotel pool, with my fellow Europeans, as all the tattooed zeppelins are away to get ready for an early dinner before the Engerlund game starts.

We decided to have an early dinner at the hotel so we could then watch the Spain game.  England going to extra time meant we didn’t have to put up with their fans; which was nice.