Reasons to be Cheerful

It's all Celtgers fans at the work, most of whom cheerfully admit they never watch their team play because "Scottish football is shite" and seem to live for their annual pumpings in Europe. It's a curious mindset that involves demanding their clumpany strangles the life out of everything domestic, while also wondering why they're so ill-prepared for anything else.

The Gers half were absolutely determined that they were getting an easy win yesterday, so I'm almost sorry that I wasn't in today to hear about how it's all the diddies' fault yet again  :P

Edited by BFTD
Speeling nut gud

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's all Celtgers fans at the work, most of whom cheerfully admit they never watch their team play because "Scottish football is shite" and seem to live for their annual pumpings in Europe. It's a curious mindset that involves demanding their clumpany strangles the life out of everything domestic, while also wondering why they're so ill-prepared for anything else.

The Gers half were absolutely determined that they were getting an easy win yesterday, so I'm almost sorry that I wasn't in today to hear about how it's all the diddies' fault yet again  :P

A boy in the work was apoplectic with rage when St Johnstone did the double during Covid.  Despite never mentioning football before, he stated that it was “embarrassing for the whole of Scottish football that a club like St Johnstone could win anything. How does that look to folk in England and other places”.

A bizarre mindset but obviously a closet Celtger.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A boy in the work was apoplectic with rage when St Johnstone did the double during Covid.  Despite never mentioning football before, he stated that it was “embarrassing for the whole of Scottish football that a club like St Johnstone could win anything. How does that look to folk in England and other places”.

What a roaster.

Wee bit of faith restored in humanity tonight. Was leaving Tesco and an old woman was struggling with her trolley on the way out and some woman offered her assistance manoeuvring out the door to which the old lady happily accepted. She continued to struggle a bit in the car park and a young lassie then asked her if she wanted a hand to her car to which the old lady again thankfully accepted the offer. It was nice to see two different folk see someone struggling and offer to help. 

I witnessed the whole thing a stone's throw away from the old lady but obviously didn't offer to help because old people are disgusting. 

Edited by 19QOS19

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some folk just don't seem to actually like football. They only want to be attached to success like a limpet, or are only interested in feeling part of a big occasion. A few years back, I met a young guy from Falkirk who was a Man City fan and talked as though he was a die-hard follower, full of gloating chat about how shit everyone else was, but cheerfully admitted that he was a recent convert who'd liked Chelsea when he was younger. Looked at me like I was a total deviant when I said that I only followed the Scottish game these days (he didn't know to be suspicious for other reasons).

There's a surprising number of them. What on Earth is the point.

35 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Some folk just don't seem to actually like football. They only want to be attached to success like a limpet, or are only interested in feeling part of a big occasion. A few years back, I met a young guy from Falkirk who was a Man City fan and talked as though he was a die-hard follower, full of gloating chat about how shit everyone else was, but cheerfully admitted that he was a recent convert who'd liked Chelsea when he was younger. Looked at me like I was a total deviant when I said that I only followed the Scottish game these days (he didn't know to be suspicious for other reasons).

There's a surprising number of them. What on Earth is the point.

I simply can't get my head around how folk can change allegiance purely for glory hunting purposes and not feel like an utter fraud to themselves, let alone anyone else. I just couldn't build an affinity with another team and feel.genuine joy at any victory. Folk who can do it at the drop of a hat are for the watching. 

A guy I used to go to school with occasionally came to Fir Park in his youth and we were his team. I'm sure there will be pictures of him wearing 'Well gear. Now, however, he is a raging bun and for some reason now proclaims to absolutely DETEST us. I really cannot fathom that mindset. It's bad enough glory hunting with the Glasgow mobs up here, but the folk who proclaim to only like that overhyped English Premier shite, whilst decrying our own game are weirdo's of the highest order and best avoided.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Against Lyon? That must have been the daftest shite they’ve come out with since…about half an hour prior, more than likely. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It's almost as if there are loads of idiots who have such tiny  narrow minds and incredibly fragile egos who cling on to successful clubs to brighten up their pathetic lives.

Well, when you put it like that, maybe I'll give it a try.

I was a Real Madrid ultra there for a few seconds, 'til I remembered they got beat off some French diddies a few days ago. Losers!

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Surprised at this tbh.

It happens surprisingly often, but usually only with people who know me.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Against Lyon? That must have been the daftest shite they’ve come out with since…about half an hour prior, more than likely. 

My favourite quote was that they were already virtually through the group, as they'd have six points by the end of Friday and only needed seven.

I've no idea how whichever diddy European competition they're in works these days, but it did rather remind me of England fans talking about who they'd be playing in the quarter-finals.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wee bit of faith restored in humanity tonight. Was leaving Tesco and an old woman was struggling with her trolley on the way out and some woman offered her assistance manoeuvring out the door to which the old lady happily accepted. She continued to struggle a bit in the car park and a young lassie then asked her if she wanted a hand to her car to which the old lady again thankfully accepted the offer. It was nice to see two different folk see someone struggling and offer to help. 

I witnessed the whole thing a stone's throw away from the old lady but obviously didn't offer to help because old people are disgusting. 

You were filming her hoping her trolley would cowp so you could post it on social media weren't you?

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't control a shopping trolley but is allowed to drive a car? Should have to hand in your licence at 70