Reasons to be Cheerful

I was woken up this morning (01:30) by a phonecall from someone I haven't seen nor spoken to in a couple years. She was crying and slightly drunk. 

The reason she called? She went into a takeaway we used to use and the guy asked how I was. It's just cheered is up a bit that some random guy has caused us to get back in touch.

Also, she was crying because her "spicy chicken pizza and chicken pakora" was actually margarita pizza and a tub of coleslaw by the time she got home. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I was woken up this morning (01:30) by a phonecall from someone I haven't seen nor spoken to in a couple years. She was crying and slightly drunk. 

The reason she called? She went into a takeaway we used to use and the guy asked how I was. It's just cheered is up a bit that some random guy has caused us to get back in touch.

Also, she was crying because her "spicy chicken pizza and chicken pakora" was actually margarita pizza and a tub of coleslaw by the time she got home. :lol:

Hope you’ve invited her out for a hangover brunch? 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

And that kids is How I Met Your Mother queue end credits

Witnessed the bairn doing a 'Maradona 7' (left foot, right foot, left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, head) for the first time, he has been attempting it for ages. So good to witness it when he finally managed.

Maybe one for the 'Little Things' thread?

Then he made a superb Lasagne.

Some boi like.

I wanted a couple of coloured Philips Hue bulbs but I wasn’t wanting to pay full price, about £85 for two. Searched the Philips Hue store and Amazon and couldn’t find any decent offers. Went onto the Argos site and found a starter kit of 2 bulbs and a hub for £50. The price elsewhere is £130, so I’m thinking a pricing mistake. Bought a kit saving myself a fair bit of money, and a spare hub to boot.

Edited by Soapy FFC
Spelling

On 13/08/2023 at 22:15, johnnydun said:

Witnessed the bairn doing a 'Maradona 7' (left foot, right foot, left knee, right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, head) for the first time, he has been attempting it for ages. So good to witness it when he finally managed.

Maybe one for the 'Little Things' thread?

Then he made a superb Lasagne.

Some boi like.

Like all fathers of potentially exceptional football players you should prepare yourself accordingly and take lessons in tax dodging.

On 06/08/2023 at 18:38, Mark Connolly said:

One of the things I really enjoy is when the BBC clear the schedule to shoehorn in England playing in the final of some event, only for them to get pumped.

This evening, that was against Australia in the netball world cup final. Lovely.

Substitute the word "Australia" with "Spain", and "netball" with "football".

Gracias.

30 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Took a trip down to London yesterday to have a nosey at the Freddie Mercury exhibition before it all gets sold off at auction next month. Was a long day but absolutely worth it. Incredible collection.

Did they have the trays he made dwarves wear on their heads?

13 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

That's taken an age.

Aye, I kept getting emails of apology so gave up for a while. The dental hospital offered to help but explained they can only do silver fillings so I patched that.

Here's hoping this wasn't a daft generated email. 

Did find one who were willing to do a pre screening check up for £94. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Aye, I kept getting emails of apology so gave up for a while. The dental hospital offered to help but explained they can only do silver fillings so I patched that.

Here's hoping this wasn't a daft generated email. 

Did find one who were willing to do a pre screening check up for £94. :lol:

I'm in the wrong profession.