Reasons to be Cheerful

Day off work today and gonna get stuck in about a bottle of Cairn o Mohr wine I picked up from their winery yesterday after winning a competition on their Facebook page. They gave me a choice of all the wines on display & I plumped for rhubarb which is a new one the lass said.

Day off work today and gonna get stuck in about a bottle of Cairn o Mohr wine I picked up from their winery yesterday after winning a competition on their Facebook page. They gave me a choice of all the wines on display & I plumped for rhubarb which is a new one the lass said.

One bottle? What are you going to do after lunch time?

Hadn't heard of this. Definitely worth a look next I'm driving down from Aberdeen.

I'm no fan of Edinburgh, but I've got to admit (even if grudgingly) that the Forth looks utterly glorious on days like this.

Oh, and I'm about to begin my weekend after a very tiring week at work. On a train back up to Aberdeen where I should be greeted by my new iPhone 5, which arrived this morning :)

Cmon, can't beat some Rolling Stones! If you don't like that old pish I'm guessing you don't like The Beatles? The Kinks? The Who?

Don't know what this conversation pertains to but anyone who doesn't appreciate the music of the afore mentioned groups should be shot, resuscitated then shot again.

my reason to be cheerful is a nice barbecue for two with a fair amount of Rioja.

A few days ago I was travelling up from Killie to Aviemore to meet the rest of the family. Had to change from one megabus to another in Perth and was told there were roadworks and the bus would be half an hour late. "No problem," I initially thought. Thirty minutes pass and I'm told said connecting bus has now broke down and I'll have to wait a further fifty minutes. "Get tae fúck ya pishy radge," I thought.

I went across the road to the train station to see if an Inverness train would take me there and there was one coming in soon, so I bought a ticket and then a big fuckoff express comes in and takes me there in just over 90 minutes. And that was the first time I'd ever been on a big train like that, something I'd always wanted to do since I was a wee boy and my Papa would show me the old Intercity trains at Glasgow Central.

As for today, I've just had a quality scran, the sun is shining over the Cairngorms and I'm going for a few pints quite soon. Hopefully get some Cairngorm Brewery stuff, the bottles of it that I've had so far have been very nice.

I went across the road to the train station to see if an Inverness train would take me there and there was one coming in soon, so I bought a ticket and then a big fuckoff express comes in and takes me there in just over 90 minutes. And that was the first time I'd ever been on a big train like that, something I'd always wanted to do since I was a wee boy and my Papa would show me the old Intercity trains at Glasgow Central.

You think that's good? I practically creamed my pants when I first went on a bullet train. Something else.

Bought my first car today.

A red 1976 MG Midget 1500. It's in decent condition and getting delivered to us some point next week so my dad and I can hopefully get it serviced then off for an MOT and on the road for some point in August.

:D

Edited by Ad Lib

Bought my first car today.

A red 1976 MG Midget 1500. It's in decent condition and getting delivered to us some point next week so my dad and I can hopefully get it serviced then off for an MOT and on the road for some point in August.

:D

Chrome bumpers & wheels?

Spent the the day a the canal festival in the glorious weather.....my ex gf brought her 2 girls down to see me too :-D

Off out on a 2nd date tonight too.....life is good :):P