Reasons to be Cheerful

Went out for dinner with a friend last night at this place - http://www.roast-restaurant.com/

She had the chicken but didn't finish it as it was a massive portion. After they had cleared the plates the waiter came back and said they wouldn't be charging for it as it was slightly underdone. I hadn't even noticed and she hadn't said anything, just ate around the bit that was slightly pink.

Really honest of them to do that and took £25 off the bill. Pleasing.

Went out for dinner with a friend last night at this place - http://www.roast-restaurant.com/

She had the chicken but didn't finish it as it was a massive portion. After they had cleared the plates the waiter came back and said they wouldn't be charging for it as it was slightly underdone. I hadn't even noticed and she hadn't said anything, just ate around the bit that was slightly pink.

Really honest of them to do that and took £25 off the bill. Pleasing.

Getting my money back (or getting a new, freshly prepared one) for being served undercooked chicken is the absolute minimum I'd expect!

Getting my money back (or getting a new, freshly prepared one) for being served undercooked chicken is the absolute minimum I'd expect!

Clearly, but that's not the point he's getting at.

Very dece of the restaurant to take £25 off the bill. IMO 99% of restaurants would just throw out the remaining food on a plate without giving it a second thought.

I didn't actually see it but she said it was a tiny bit that was pink around the bone and wasn't sure if it was underdone or just the texture of the meat. Didn't see the point in complaining as the rest was fine and she didn't eat anywhere near that part.

If it was noticeably underdone then, aye, I would definitely expect a refund/new plate.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Dress down day at work tomorrow, just packed away the trousers, shirts and ties for seven weeks.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH

To the lorry driver I passed going northbound on the A1 this morning and the two lads in the transit van when I came back CHEERS !!!! For giving me the heads up that those sneaky fuckers in the mobile speed camera van were up ahead. Just when you despair at humanity, these lovely people came into my life

To the lorry driver I passed going northbound on the A1 this morning and the two lads in the transit van when I came back CHEERS !!!! For giving me the heads up that those sneaky fuckers in the mobile speed camera van were up ahead. Just when you despair at humanity, these lovely people came into my life

It's police v good guys out on those roads.

My latest trick is let a guy doing around 80mph pass me and then just tail him.

If he breaks for what seems like no reason, I do too.

Best thing in the world? Away and don't talk pish

He's right you know. I'd far prefer the Artic Monkeys than a Tuna Melt, therefore they are the best thing in the world. I can't see how any sane person can argue with this evidence