Reasons to be Cheerful

Why don't you see if you can get the old one fixed and go on holiday instead? There's a great place in Inverness, Duncans, don't charge a lot, must be somewhere similar near you.

I've had it for about 10 years bud. And it was second hand when I got it so I can't say I've not had my money's worth* tbh. I'm wanting a tv with a thin edge now anyway.

Has anyone purchased or watched a Finlux tv before? Those deals are pretty impressive but I'm apprehensive that it's cheap shite.

* I didn't actually pay anything for it, someone gave me it :lol:

Watcha get?

I went to buy the 50" LG smart tv from Currys the other day but they were only having 150 delivered and 400 folk had placed an order! So the lassie said they had stopped taking orders. I don't urgently need a new TV but it's starting to make that squeaking sound when it's been on for too long, it irritates the life out of me so a new tele will be on the shopping list soon. Pretty gutted though as the one I went to get is exactly what I'll be looking for. I doubt I'll get one for that price when the time comes :(

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-50lf580v-smart-50-led-tv-10127526-pdt.html

I see it's back up to £549. It was on offer at around £375!

Just got a wee 32" metallic flat screen LG, have a teeny living room plus don't watch a huge amount of TV. Have a cineworld unlimited card for films etc as opposed to watching them at home. Swithering about whether or not to put it up on the wall or just on the stand. Irrelevant at the minute anyway as the lovely folk at Yodel didn't deliver it when they were meant to so Its getting picked up tomorrow from their depot.. Edited by Redhead81

Just got a wee 32" metallic flat screen LG, have a teeny living room plus don't watch a huge amount of TV. Have a cineworld unlimited card for films etc as opposed to watching them at home. Swithering about whether or not to put it up on the wall or just on the stand. Irrelevant at the minute anyway as the lovely folk at Yodel didn't deliver it when they were meant to so Its getting picked up tomorrow from their depot..

People who mount the TV on the wall alway have it far too high up and it looks a bit daft if it's further down.

TV stand is the best option

Tv is on wall due to 10 month old climbing on everything and anything. Wouldn't have it on a stand again. I think it depends on tv size and height.

Its a 50" and the top of it is inline with top of the door, bottom of it is about half way up the door. Its in a position the sun never hits it and the light never reflects.

I live in a house made of hardboard so wouldn't trust my telly to be on the wall.

Mine is on a hardboard wall. There's a type of screw that spreads the load that's usually used for kitchen cabinets. Use them.

Oh God, this whole conversation, the deja vu...someone please tell me this has happened before everyone starts posting pictures of load-bearing wall fixings again.

Throbber, I swear you were part of this before...weren't you?! :shutup

Oh God, this whole conversation, the deja vu...someone please tell me this has happened before everyone starts posting pictures of load-bearing wall fixings again.

Throbber, I swear you were part of this before...weren't you?! :shutup

This chat never happened before.. Haha

You get a kit in bnq for about a tenner

^^^ doing "^^^" wrong

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fucking deal with it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fucking deal with it

^^^ arthritis kicking in.

Oh God, now Dee Man with the fucking pictures! This is where Throbber tries to tell us the inferior type is what we should all be using because he wants to damage our walls.

Please stop, as I'm fairly sure I saw a really bad film that night, and I don't want to watch it again :bairn

I've had it for about 10 years bud. And it was second hand when I got it so I can't say I've not had my money's worth* tbh. I'm wanting a tv with a thin edge now anyway.

Has anyone purchased or watched a Finlux tv before? Those deals are pretty impressive but I'm apprehensive that it's cheap shite.

* I didn't actually pay anything for it, someone gave me it :lol:

I've had my Finlux tv for over 3 years and it is still like brand new. I'd highly recommend Finlux to anyone.