Reasons to be Cheerful

Thirteen years for BigFatTabbyWife and me.

I keep telling her to let me out early for good behaviour by sticking a pillow over my face during the night.

You must be quite old then.

38 now. About as middle-aged as you can get. My days of being attractive to teenage girls never existed are long gone.

What's the step after middle-age? I presume you don't just slip straight into being 'elderly'...pre-decrepitude, perhaps?

38 now. About as middle-aged as you can get. My days of being attractive to teenage girls never existed are long gone.

What's the step after middle-age? I presume you don't just slip straight into being 'elderly'...pre-decrepitude, perhaps?

I always consider middle age to be in your 40's. You're still young for this earth. 

I always consider middle age to be in your 40's. You're still young for this earth. 

Think we had this conversation a while back. The average life expectancy for British males is 84 now, incredibly, which would make the mid-point of life 42.

Google claims it's the period between 45 and 60 - presumably written by middle-aged men in full-blown denial   :lol:

Think we had this conversation a while back. The average life expectancy for British males is 84 now, incredibly, which would make the mid-point of life 42.

Google claims it's the period between 45 and 60 - presumably written by middle-aged men in full-blown denial   :lol:

That's a bit spooky. I looked in the bathroom mirror this morning and it occurred to me that I am no longer middle aged, I am now old. It's something that I probably should have realised some time ago but it was a sudden thought that struck me.

Hopefully I will continue to get older; it's better than the alternative.

Last radiotherapy session done and dusted today, although a bollock lighter will be glad to see the back of the hospital for a while #fuckcancer

Well done and good luck. You must be knackered after all those treatments   :ph34r:  

Last radiotherapy session done and dusted today, although a bollock lighter will be glad to see the back of the hospital for a while #fuckcancer

Now that's a real RTBC!

You're a brave man. I wouldn't have the balls for something like that.

Best wishes for the future, I hope you never have to go through anything like that again.