Reasons to be Cheerful

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Shouldnt you check what he regards as old before hopping on the bandwagon??

It's what I regard as old that matters. And if that is some snider at my age you'll be on the naughty step. 

Just now, Tynieness said:

Totally agree re aisle chatters etc.

I find those arseholes that waste ten minutes digging into their handbags for their purses irritating.  It's as if being asked to pay has come as a surprise.

Get your purse ready and expediate the fucking transaction.

And also those who spend ages chatting to the cheque out assistants, find some friends you fucking losers. 

We're kindred spirits. 

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

People who leave baskets/trollies in front of shelves and f**k off somewhere else.

Yes! And the employees who are doing the home delivery shopping with their big super trolleys. Get to f**k and do that during the night and let the non lazy shoppers get their stuff done. c***s. 

19 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I find those arseholes that waste ten minutes digging into their handbags for their purses irritating.  It's as if being asked to pay has come as a surprise.

Get your purse ready and expediate the fucking transaction.

Wife had to do that whilst shopping yesterday.

Some arsehole was sat at home watching the sport with the bank card in their pocket.:whistle

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Anyway get this miserable shite out of this thread. Spent an hour or so playing with Baby Bairnardo in the sun on her trampoline which is by some distance the best birthday present I have ever bought anyone.

Yeah to get back in track but keep the supermarket theme, i absolutely love going to the supermarket with the wee one as she points and waves at absolutely everyone we pass in the trolley and I find it hilarious. She's a wee diamond. 

I cannot wait until she is big enough for a trampoline and I've already scoped one out that can cope with me on it too as obviously I'll need to have fun on it too test it out for safety reasons and chaperone her on it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Safety first at all times. Its much safer to be on there with her I would say. Plus it gives her a much better view of her da attempting backflips n' shit

Where did you get yours? I've got my eye on one from Smyths, but suspect they're much of a muchness. 

31 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Especially at the reduced section, fuckers block you from getting in amongst it with their elbows

I used to work in a supermarket and one of my jobs was reducing stock. Some of them knew exactly when the stock would be reduced and would be standing at the reduction bays 'primed and ready' with their baskets. As soon as the first item was scanned, it turned into a free-for-all. Elbows, legs, walking sticks, bags, myself, other people - anything that could be used as a weapon WAS used as a weapon. On more than one occasion, I feared for my life. They'd even chase you all over the shop trying to barter you down.

Fucking vultures, man. Fucking vultures.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Got it from Argos. 10ft one with a decent enclosure. Think it was 119 notes. Seems pretty good and plenty big enough for me to enjoy aswell! Hopefully it will last a good few years as it seems a big hit so far.

Ooft I'll shop around then as I think the one I saw in Smyths was about 300 sheets!

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had to black cat me eh....

I know little about trampolines but dont think you need to spend that to get a good one.

Not the intention, if I can spend 119 instead I'll be on it like a tramp eating broth!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I know I was joking!

What I thought was cool as f**k was the ones that are sunk into the ground but they are a fucking fortune!!! My intention is that this one should last a minimum of 2 or 3 years. If it is fucked after that and they want a new one, then il lash out for a better one. No doubt in my mind its money well spent.

Sunbathing on a trampoline is also one of lifes finer pleasures.

I loved trampolining at school. I can't wait for this!

31 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I used to work in a supermarket and one of my jobs was reducing stock. Some of them knew exactly when the stock would be reduced and would be standing at the reduction bays 'primed and ready' with their baskets. As soon as the first item was scanned, it turned into a free-for-all. Elbows, legs, walking sticks, bags, myself, other people - anything that could be used as a weapon WAS used as a weapon. On more than one occasion, I feared for my life. They'd even chase you all over the shop trying to barter you down.

Fucking vultures, man. Fucking vultures.

I'll admit to hovering nearby waiting for the machine to come out, £0.99p chickens taste much better than £4.99 ones

Yes. Inevitably people who hang around gabbing at the entrance blocking it with their trolleys, and in aisles, are old people. Meet up and gab somewhere else you fucking arseholes. This really annoys me about going to the supermarket. 

My grandad refuses to go shopping because people stop and talk to him and he can't remember who they are.

Instead he phones me to do the shopping for him.

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yes. Inevitably people who hang around gabbing at the entrance blocking it with their trolleys, and in aisles, are old people. Meet up and gab somewhere else you fucking arseholes. This really annoys me about going to the supermarket. 

Yeah, like the swimming pool.

5 hours ago, Tynieness said:

That's the problem with supermarkets, you are forced into the same area as people you would never associate with.

There is no way to avoid the morons and that is why any trip to the supermarket is a painful experience.

See also : Airports

I didn't want to derail the RTBC thread too much but if I had to do reductions in a shop I'd kill someone. The worst is when it's Christmas or some time when the shop's going to be shut and lots of stuff has to go much more quickly. That's when you really see the c***s come out.

Start of Sportscene where Michael Stewart always seems to have a cheeky smile whenever gets introduced, trying not to laugh on camera.

Also, "Rangers looking to seal third place". [emoji38]