Reasons to be Cheerful

Sunny Friday afternoon, on the ferry home from work (not my usual commute), listening to Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack on Spotify, dinner with the wife later at a swanky restaurant. Braw as Pa Broom would say.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

Sunny Friday afternoon, on the ferry home from work (not my usual commute), listening to Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack on Spotify, dinner with the wife later at a swanky restaurant. Braw as Pa Broom would say.

Kangaroos are on fire you monster.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No mate, I sometimes take an antispasmodic to relieve the symptoms of my post infectious IBS, do these help?

I take them after having my gall bladder removed along with half my pancreas and about quarter of my stomach. They do help the digestive process.

Do you chew your food thoroughly? I consciously try to these days. Also, have the given you a list of foods that are easier to digest to incorporate into your diet?

48 minutes ago, sjc said:

I take them after having my gall bladder removed along with half my pancreas and about quarter of my stomach. They do help the digestive process.

Do you chew your food thoroughly? I consciously try to these days. Also, have the given you a list of foods that are easier to digest to incorporate into your diet?

Jeezo! Makes my complaint sound trivial! Yeah I can't take alcohol, caffine, carbonated drinks. I'm meant to steam my foods and have easy to digest things, it has been very much trial and error over the past 3 years but the past week has been the worst with passing blood and cramping. Does your digestive process operate as normal now?

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Jeezo! Makes my complaint sound trivial! Yeah I can't take alcohol, caffine, carbonated drinks. I'm meant to steam my foods and have easy to digest things, it has been very much trial and error over the past 3 years but the past week has been the worst with passing blood and cramping. Does your digestive process operate as normal now?

We all have different battles, mate. I'm advised to avoid fatty or deep fried foods as I have no gall bladder (it holds bile in reserve to aid your stomach with digestion). I'd say digestive process is fairly settled but will never be normal again. I have to regulate my diet otherwise it kicks back on me.

Ask them for dietary advice. Even the healthiest foods can be difficult to digest.

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

We all have different battles, mate. I'm advised to avoid fatty or deep fried foods as I have no gall bladder (it holds bile in reserve to aid your stomach with digestion). I'd say digestive process is fairly settled but will never be normal again. I have to regulate my diet otherwise it kicks back on me.

Ask them for dietary advice. Even the healthiest foods can be difficult to digest.

Yeah, the gastroenterologist did give me a list of foods to avoid but this was most foods, and after 36 years of pleasing myself, it was/is difficult.

Glad that has settled for you and I hope the next set of results are good for you.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the gastroenterologist did give me a list of foods to avoid but this was most foods, and after 36 years of pleasing myself, it was/is difficult.

Glad that has settled for you and I hope the next set of results are good for you.

Cheers mate.

Yeh, it's difficult but it gets easier and it's definitely worth following in the long run.