Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I thought pallets were much more expensive than being quote here.

Since we left the EU they have to be a certain standard so it is possible they got a good deal on pallets no longer fit for purpose 

47 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

In the big scheme of things William did us all a big favour hunting his father in law.

The Stuarts were a waste of space.

Okay it took about a decade here or there to push democracy on a bit but it was a start.

By 1918 things looked a little bit better on the old voting front.

We have another historian in our midst. 

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Since we left the EU they have to be a certain standard so it is possible they got a good deal on pallets no longer fit for purpose 

Imagine celebrating your culture on its biggest day with shitey substandard pallets. King Billy will be doing 1690 rpms in his grave. An absolute affront. 

ETA - that’s almost as bad as when they managed to burn the Côte D’Ivoire fleg instead of the tricolor. Or maybe that was the bad Chelsea fans tribute to Drogba. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Loyalists and Orange Order are playing an extremely dangerous game here and they know it, there was a resolution to this shite 25 years ago, after mass rioting and the murders of police officers and kids. The only thing they’ll accept is getting to walk down that street again and they know that will rightfully never happen so they’re trying to stoke up violence and use it was a political football. 

2 hours ago, btb said:

Actually fought on July 1st, it was amended to Legs Eleventh when the Pope changed the calendar - due to complex EuroPolitics William of Orange was representing The Pope that day. :rolleyes:

It was a different battle Aughrim that was fought on the 12th or should that be Two Little Ducks the 22nd?

I can't quite remember the name of the pope that introduced the modern calendar but...

I'm sure it was either...

Greg or Ian

I'll get my coat

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I thought pallets were much more expensive than being quote here.

£12 was the nominal going rate when I had to deal with the pallet companies & their, ahem, over inflated Auditors. I do wonder why Chep & LPR don't have hissy fits because they sure as hell used to behave like toddlers when I dared to use their precious to store 50 cases of stock rather than handball it onto the capping shelf.

As a tribute to Bigotfest 2023 last weekend in Larkhall. To the tune of Keisha's Milkshake song:

Their bigotry brings all the scum to the yard.

Their life is sadder than yours, damn right it's sadder than yours

I can teach you but you have to march