Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I just find that quite sad.

On the one hand it's sad because they are degrading themselves but it's also poisonous, they bring their children up to be just like them.

It's the land that time forgot. We will carry on building our own country and they might catch up one day.

18 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

If you're a Christian then you're not putting it into practice in this instance.  Granted we are all sinners, but we should still strive not to be.

And no, I've not been chased away from my congregation and they are well aware of my OO membership.

I wish you all the best.

No point in trying to reason with a closed mind Dan.

42 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

No point in trying to reason with a closed mind Dan.

Apart from anything else, we are talking about an organisation that does not allow its members to attend a Catholic funeral. 

Fundamentally inhuman. 

Celebrating Orange culture and history? Is it f**k. It's all about rubbing folks noses in it and it's insulting to suggest otherwise. Why don't they hire a field somewhere and march around it until their heart is content and leave the rest of us alone in the 21st century. Petty, small minded and bigoted beyond belief 

20 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

Don't waste your time arguing against hateful bigotry mate.

Ah, yes. The old "It's the anti-Fascists who are the real Fascists." I suppose we should be grateful you haven't (yet) gone down the Trumpian route of "It's because of people like you that people join the Orange Order."

One year they started their walk on my street. Only reason I knew this was happening was the prices woke me up with their fucking drum. Surely someoneis duty bound to tell me I wouldn't be able to get my car out at 9am on a Saturday morning.

Anyway, my main concern at the time was looking out my bedroom window to find out what the racket was all about, to find myself looking at one these females, and I use the term loosely,  pissing just outside my front gate. 

Stay classy. 

36 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Anyone fallen to their death off a pallet mountain yet? 

Pallets are £10-15 a go. It's fvcking mental to burn them. 

Their carbon footprint an' aw. 

Dear "Loyalist communities" 

We would kindly request that you

reconsider your burning of 2 million wooden pallets in this year's cultural celebration. 

Yours sincerely 

The (cough) Green Party

On 09/07/2023 at 18:33, DiamondDan said:

I say that as an ex-C of S member who switched denominations because of what the C of S has become. 

What did you switch to?

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I just find that quite sad.

I think if I looked through the crowd I'd get real sad about the young minds being poisoned.

Are these typically overweight older lads 'celebrating' something that happened around 350 years ago?

The video is very monotonous as the same 'Defenders'  and 'Volunteers' wobble past. One drummer almost assaulting a spectator. A marcher shouting ' No surrender' to the camera. It's all a bit strange. Some of the marchers seem to be expecting some adulation from the audience. But l have no idea what they have 'achieved'. Other than turning up wearing some outlandish uniform. 

It's so tragic. It's hard not to keep on viewing in case the guys with the batons don't go mental when they drop them.

Thankfully not too many kids are being brainwashed by this madness, but still too many. 

If someone could enlighten me as to what is going on. I would be like to know.