Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket march tomorrow around Inverness town center. Apprentice Boys of Derry doing the circuit once again this time in the face of much objection. First time any objection has been raised, took long enough, Inverness is not a cricket city, we don't welcome the sport here.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/update-marching-on-the-apprentice-boys-of-derry-refuse-to-348391/

Gravedancers will be out in force wearing their Rangers tops making them feel superior to everyone who isn't 'wan aff us'. Unless you want to stand in front of the mark to get them throwing punches and spitting at you, probably best to avoid the place this weekend. I've said this all ready I have lived in Inverness all my life and everytime I see photos of the march I have still to recognise anyone, absolutely anyone in that march. Where do they come from?

Well done to all those who took part today.

Everything went smoothly and not a hint of trouble, much to the dismay of those who falsely claim they cause division, hatred and chaos.

PBE956VQ0PBGXZXQ6FM3.jpg

It's crazy that certain types kicked up a stink despite these parades being low key and having taken place in the city for decades.  The Inverness ABOD did well to not rise to their nonsense.

11 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

It's crazy that certain types kicked up a stink despite these parades being low key and having taken place in the city for decades.  The Inverness ABOD did well to not rise to their nonsense.

A Bunch of Dobbers?

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Everything went smoothly and not a hint of trouble, much to the dismay of those who falsely claim they cause division, hatred and chaos.

PBE956VQ0PBGXZXQ6FM3.jpg

Based on that photo, the fact that such few mutants turned out, maybe the locals didn't even know it had happened.

Outdated dinosaurs who hopefully will be extinct in the near future and we can be have of a proper grown up country 

6 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

PBE956VQ0PBGXZXQ6FM3.jpg

Imagine getting a stiffy over a bunch of mono-brows stomping through the streets with empire biscuits balancing on their nappers 

Not only are these chumps voluntarily letting the local community know who all the aresholes are they're doing it in point-and-laugh fancy dress

7 hours ago, Beckford said:

Based on that photo, the fact that such few mutants turned out, maybe the locals didn't even know it had happened.

Outdated dinosaurs who hopefully will be extinct in the near future and we can be have of a proper grown up country 

Its been all over the local papers, social media and news over the last week here, most people would have known about it, you couldn't miss it up here. I wouldn't read much into photo either for crowds, since both the pedestrianised Eastgate / High Street are behind the photographer. The bridge walkway above the march is an access way to the back of the Eastgate Center from the Crown district. That route is mainly used by vehicles and is the longer, less direct way up into Crown if you walk it.

It might be the last one in given the growing pressure to stop them. Its not a good look for the Inverness authorities especially in these socially inclusive times.

40 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Good clip that, thanks for posting.

Decent turnout there for Inverness Campsie.

The haters really need to calm down a bit.

Quite a fair article here in the P&J - Apprentice Boys of Derry Inverness march goes smoothly (pressandjournal.co.uk)

What turnout? Just looks like some folks having their shopping interupted by some old guys pretending to be soldiers and making a lot of noise. There were about 10 - 15 civilians walking in step with them. Everyone else had to move out of the way and stop and others walking just ignored it, getting on with their Saturdays. But.....If that is what you think is a good turn out.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Jawohl.

No idea who it is, but they do not seem to like you, for obvious reasons I cannot be doing with dotting accounts that exist solely to belittle decent posters. Do you even know what their problem is?

Just now, Moomintroll said:

No idea who it is, but they do not seem to like you, for obvious reasons I cannot be doing with dotting accounts that exist solely to belittle decent posters. Do you even know what their problem is?

No idea whatsoever, perhaps it could have something to do with my lack of lurve for Scotland's newest professional football club, but that's just a guess............😎