Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

So today is super march day in Glasgow. Currently in Finnieston and the super gentrified area getting a bit of a shock with all the neds out drinking at half ten in the morning draped in Union Jacks.

So today is super march day in Glasgow. Currently in Finnieston and the super gentrified area getting a bit of a shock with all the neds out drinking at half ten in the morning draped in Union Jacks.

Was planning to nip into town too. Will areas such as Byers Road and Merchant city be too nice for these reprobates to attend today?

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Was planning to nip into town too. Will areas such as Byers Road and Merchant city be too nice for these reprobates to attend today?

Byres Road should be fine. Dumbarton Road's usually a fucking nightmare though. Made the mistake of walking down there on the equivalent day a few years back, and Kelvingrove Park was full of fat, topless, cross-eyed skinheads hurling abuse at the open-topped tour buses, while the Rosevale was moated by puke. Tourist attraction my arse.

The staunch defenders have left the leafy west end and are taking their 17th century time machine through to Glasgow Green I believe? A bit close to The Merchant City for my liking.

Edited by jagfox99

The staunch defenders have left the leafy west end and are taking their 17th century time machine through to Glasgow Green I believe? A bit close to The Merchant City for my liking.

What Jagfox says. Thankfully had fecked off within twenty minutes. Sadly I'm heading towards the barras this afternoon so could be interesting.

Just now, mrcat1990 said:

What Jagfox says. Thankfully had fecked off within twenty minutes. Sadly I'm heading towards the barras this afternoon so could be interesting.

See if you can pick up a copy of this while you are there. One of the greatest plays ever written.

image.jpeg

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Anyone been out for a nice staunch walk this morning? 

Well those bonfires won't build themselves...

IMG_0990.thumb.JPG.9779c9890ac39620b86f8fe8ff5be4dd.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG.426e25d14bc7bfaae3be4a87a164356a.JPG

31 minutes ago, supermik said:

See if you can pick up a copy of this while you are there. One of the greatest plays ever written.

image.jpeg

Watched that recently on youtube to see what the fuss was all about and thought it was nothing special. Gives the sort of people from Scotland that are likely to be interested in watching something like that what they want to see in an times highly stereotypical sort of way rather than providing anything truly thought provoking. Football, Faith and Flutes which I also watched courtesy of youtube as I had better things to do with my time when these programmes originally aired is much better as it lets people from that background and their mirror image on the green and gold side of things express themselves rather than putting words in their mouth and that provides a much clearer picture of their world view and motivation.

23 minutes ago, mjw said:

It says Kill all **** on a wall in Belfast though.
That's why the **** on here cry about the word **** being used.

It's derogatory language that fits into what gets labelled as sectarianism even though the relevance of the religious angle is questionable nowadays, so if you are opposed to KAT or KAI grafitti, then KAH slogans should also be taken seriously as an issue, if you are not part of the problem because you can only find fault with one side as I suspect is probably the case with "Agent Ath Cliath".

It's derogatory language that fits into what gets labelled as sectarianism even though the relevance of the religious angle is questionable nowadays, so if you are opposed to KAT or KAI grafitti, then KAH slogans should also be taken seriously as an issue, if you are not part of the problem because you can only find fault with one side as I suspect is probably the case with "Agent Ath Cliath".

I'd rather just be derogatory to both **** and ****.
It's fairer that way.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What a collection of fucking losers.

That is all.

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Here's me thinking KAI was to do with the winning goal scorer in the 1966 Scottish Cup final replay. Every day is a school day on here right enough.