Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I've always found it funny to see people in wheelchairs being pushed along in an orange walk. And why is it the women are all a weird shape and can't walk or march in time?

They try and disassociate the bigotry within their own ranks first. A bit like the Nazis...

In my 58 years I have only seen a couple of minutes of an orange walk in real life. We were through in Glasgow, the date didn't register (why should it?) and we heard the noise of the procession as we were looking in the window of a furniture shop (yes I lead an exciting life).

I walked up to see what it was and realised it was an orange walk. For some reason the impression I got was stern faced women who really didn't seem to be enjoying themselves.

It's a fucking travesty that this sort of bigotry is tolerated in this day and age.

Sadly I know someone who is a lodge member. Always banging on how the fallin March is awsome. Posted about the walk on facebook to try and get an answer to what it was all about Cue said friend telling me it was a celebration then other people i know gang up on him asking for an explination only to be told and i quote we know y were doing it if ye dnt like it then bolt. Not the Answer i wanted but it shows how fucked up in the head these people are .

Our niece was in Glasgow today, totally unaware of the orange walks before she headed there, she got off the train at queen street, walked practically straight into an orange walk, whilst wearing a green dress.

:blink:

More significant than the Battles of Britain, Trafalgar, Naseby or Blenheim - to name a few? More significant that the 1832 Reform Act or the 1872 Ballot Act? More significant than D-Day? More significant than the Beveridge Report which led to the NHS & Welfare State? Or the Corn Laws? The South Sea Bubble? The "Railway Mania"?

Yup more significant than all that you mentioned even if you're trying to take the pish at the end of your list. The Williamite revolution changed the relationship between parliament and crown. This is a good thing and well worth celebrating by anyone with the least interest in parliamentary democracy.

So you used to be an Orange Order member?

That is, frankly, embarrassing. You're a disgrace.

Yes. I was a very happy member of LOL 328 in Motherwell. I am certainly not embarrassed by it and am certainly not a disgrace to anyone.

Yes. I was a very happy member of LOL 328 in Motherwell. I am certainly not embarrassed by it and am certainly not a disgrace to anyone.

Did you enjoy your walk today mate? You picked a nice day for it anyway. Glad to see you out there defending your faith and in no way condoning bigotry. #defenderofthefaith #kincardinethedefenderofdemocracy

Did you enjoy your walk today mate? You picked a nice day for it anyway. Glad to see you out there defending your faith and in no way condoning bigotry. #defenderofthefaith #kincardinethedefenderofdemocracy

My older daughter had a dressage competition today so I missed The Lions game and also the Women's final at Wimbledon. Still, she did OK getting 4th place in quite a competitive field.

Sadly there are no Orange celebrations in South Bucks. I'll console myself by watching a few flute band montages on Youtube.

My older daughter had a dressage competition today so I missed The Lions game and also the Women's final at Wimbledon. Still, she did OK getting 4th place in quite a competitive field.

Sadly there are no Orange celebrations in South Bucks. I'll console myself by watching a few flute band montages on Youtube.

I'm sorry you missed it. Hopefully your fellow Order members will stand up for democracy and fight oppression. #fightingthegoodfight

The Williamite revolution changed the relationship between parliament and crown. This is a good thing and well worth celebrating by anyone with the least interest in parliamentary democracy.

And it would never have happened without the Pope of Rome's blessing and Vatican funding. "Divide and Rule", with the illusion of unity (Union), Comm-union. Do you see the irony in your perception of that event yet Kincardine? Have you or any of your friends of the OO ever considered the possibility that King Nimrod and his Babylon Mystery has been behind the scenes pulling your strings since the beginning? :wacko: The truth is very often stranger than fiction.

Edited by Saor Alba

And it would never have happened without the Pope of Rome's blessing and Vatican funding. Do you see the irony in your perception of that event yet Kincardine?

OK here's a challenge. Tell me what my perception of "that event" actually is? Talk me through my perception of the Glorious Revolution.