Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

We all get a bit over sentimental about our clubs, but that is genuinely one of the most sadly hilarious things I've ever heard of.

I've got a vision of it being like the New Orleans funeral at the start of Live and Let Die but with more tartan and and ruddy faces.

Think it was to do with folk who had ashes scattered on the old Love st pitch. Alex Salmond was there too at some point , good day all round for Reynard then.

When we left Love Street and moved to the new ground they got some utter w**k on a set of bagpipes and the full tartan regalia that Sir Walter Scott had invented as national dress and we took a tray that the groundsman had obviously prepared earlier which had a sod of turf in it with a white dot representing the centre spot.

Then a crowd of us followed the w****r of a piper and his shitty bagpipe screeching down the street to the new ground where the chairman or a lucky dip programme winner then proceeded to put the old centre spot onto the new centre spot.

It was fucking shit. I only went on it because the bloke I go to games with had to be in Paisley early to see some auntie of his that had fallen and broken her hip or something. So I went to the march thing and met him at the game.

The auntie died a few weeks later, probably from a morphine overdose, which is how most old folk snuff it in hospital.

Bed blocking old b*****ds.

Definately deserving of a greenie -hilarious :lol:

Think it was to do with folk who had ashes scattered on the old Love st pitch. Alex Salmond was there too at some point , good day all round for Reynard then.

When they dug Airdrie up for astro to be laid a few urns had to be reburied. I think they're on the banking overlooking the

Car park now.

It's what they would have wanted.

They aren't my brothers and I haven't been a member of The Orange Order for over 30 years. I do, though, support their celebration of, probably, the most significant event in modern British history. Sad if, for some, it's a GIRUY against Catholics - I deprecate bigotry.

:blink:

More significant than the Battles of Britain, Trafalgar, Naseby or Blenheim - to name a few? More significant that the 1832 Reform Act or the 1872 Ballot Act? More significant than D-Day? More significant than the Beveridge Report which led to the NHS & Welfare State? Or the Corn Laws? The South Sea Bubble? The "Railway Mania"?

Don't get me wrong, it was a significant period in British history, let alone modern - although more often than not for matters that whoosh over the obsessives on both sides of 1688 & All That. But it was far from being the most significant by any stretch of the imagination.

When they dug Airdrie up for astro to be laid a few urns had to be reburied. I think they're on the banking overlooking the Car park now. It's what they would have wanted.

Im not going to be cremated as I have a family mausoleum to go in when I snuff it. But if I did, in order for the kids to gain their considerable inheritance, I'd force them to eat my ashes after they had been mixed into a giant pot of yoghurt (they fucking hate yoghurt) while my lawyer witnesses the entire scenario.

It will be character building for them.

They can shit me out wherever they feel is appropriate afterwards.

Edited by Reynard

:blink:

More significant than the Battles of Britain, Trafalgar, Naseby or Blenheim - to name a few? More significant that the 1832 Reform Act or the 1872 Ballot Act? More significant than D-Day? More significant than the Beveridge Report which led to the NHS & Welfare State? Or the Corn Laws? The South Sea Bubble? The "Railway Mania"?

Don't get me wrong, it was a significant period in British history, let alone modern - although more often than not for matters that whoosh over the obsessives on both sides of 1688 & All That. But it was far from being the most significant by any stretch of the imagination.

Well judging by the way they are banging their drums you would think so...

In park and I am getting the pash in stereo. One mob down at kelvinhaugh, just down from Yorkhill childrens hospital and the other mob from maryhill I assume.

Im not going to be cremated as I have a family mausoleum to go in when I snuff it. But if I did, in order for the kids to gain their considerable inheritance, I'd force them to eat my ashes after they had been mixed into a giant pot of yoghurt (they fucking hate yoghurt) while my lawyer witnesses the entire scenario.

It will be character building for them.

They can shit me out wherever they feel is appropriate afterwards.

Don't

Your soul will get trapped inside your grandchildren who will have to get an exorcist to remove you, after first listening to her wittering on about how the Loch Ness Monster tried to con her out of "tree fiddy".

Well the city centre is already full of these bigots, most seem pished already. We've got the police vans and helicopter out along with a few ambulances on standby (no doubt costs the city a pretty penny)

Amazing how they can afford to buy cans of lager, but between then they can't afford to buy a bar of soap.

Well the city centre is already full of these bigots, most seem pished already. We've got the police vans and helicopter out along with a few ambulances on standby (no doubt costs the city a pretty penny)

Amazing how they can afford to buy cans of lager, but between then they can't afford to buy a bar of soap.

Ask around and see if one of them is "Jacksgranda".

Well the city centre is already full of these bigots, most seem pished already. We've got the police vans and helicopter out along with a few ambulances on standby (no doubt costs the city a pretty penny)Amazing how they can afford to buy cans of lager, but between then they can't afford to buy a bar of soap.

Trailer for World War Z.

It's good that you are simply rising above it all.

Well it's our taxes that pay their dole so they can buy the lager.

As for the soap, well you've got to prioritise I suppose.