Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I saw a video of a 3 year old leading one of the marches. Genuinely feel sorry that this wee kid will be brought up with this shite. Also glad I don’t get subjected to it anymore since moving further north. f**k them and everyone who is involved with them

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

The slippery slope argument is nonsense.

Following the awful Brexit scenes in Westminster where obsessives stood for hours bawling, banging and bullying, they introduced a law to specifically deal with absurd and repetitive protests.

This is not beyond us.

I agree. I have changed my view.

9 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

They have never ever made an attempt to modernise and ditch the sectarianism. If they had done that 20 years ago maybe people would give them a chance to show they are civilised now but they never took that opportunity so are on the wrong side of history now.

What do you think they could've done?

15 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Aye, f**k the Edinburgh zoo penguin parade.

Why don't the pandas get one?

those dopey chinese b*****ds are too mellow and nice for all that hatred, penguins don't hide their dislike of catholics

2115611578_KingPenguin.jpg.7e22a56a96d9d53d359369e52f8f9c9f.jpg

members of the ''South Pole Bible & Crown No Surrender LOL No203''

I couldn't find it this morning but yesterday on Facebook there was a post from someone who was seeing a "walk" for the first time.  He said something like it was like watching a parade by a Sgt. Pepper tribute act, being supported by the world's least successful weight watchers group.

His views on penguins are unknown. 

11 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I couldn't find it this morning but yesterday on Facebook there was a post from someone who was seeing a "walk" for the first time.  He said something like it was like watching a parade by a Sgt. Pepper tribute act, being supported by the world's least successful weight watchers group.

His views on penguins are unknown

Whatever his views on penguins are, they will change once he has a Tim Tam

tim-tam.jpg.11ba619a14eb966c649de073837c0edb.jpg

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

@Detournement's modesty over his team - or even big team - in case he is doxxed is much weirder.

A good point well made tbf.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The hysteria on P&B over a tiny number of, mostly, auld men going for a dauner with musical accompaniment is also strange.

It's also very strange to pretend that this is a benign custom and not a pseudo military show of Orange Supremacy designed to encourage anti Catholic and anti Irish sentiment.

I can't help but think that the issue could be solved by having them go for their dauner round the pitch at Ibrox, or in Strathclyde Park, rather than their attempts to disrupt and intimidate sections of our communities.

Edited by Namond Brice

12 hours ago, Namond Brice said:

I realise he was just doing a bit, but Detournement's 'if you don't like Orange Walks, you're a middle class bigot' is one of the weirdest things on a thread full of weirdo's.

The insistence from guys like him that racism, bigotry and drunken violence are explicitly working class traits is probably about as middle class an opinion as you will get. "What you need to understand is this is just what "these people" do and you shouldn't criticise it". f**k off.